Security for your Z!!!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
46F5927A-92DF-4515-A544-35F90B6B0A72.png Now this is something I WILL install!! For the price of a cheap SIM (£5/ month) you have a tracker / Geo fenced car that cuts off the fuel or ignition supply with what is totally stealth!!! You can also install a loud 120db+ siren inside the car to go off when it disables / goes out of the geo fence.

£11.50 40% Off | GPS Tracker Motorcycle Mini Car GPS Relay MV740 9-90V Vehicle Tracker Vibrate Cut Line Alert Geo fence Alarm Free APP PK CJ740
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtfFB1L

240L31

Club Member
I've got several of these in various cars. They all work very well until the tracking platform access expires. Then you're left with a useless box ;)

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
You're going to install something in your car and phone called spy-on link? from China? is that wise?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
You're going to install something in your car and phone called spy-on link? from China? is that wise?
I have the c-19 jab! I am imminently hackable! The Chinese already know everything I do !!

Dale

Club Member
I’ve bought some Apple Airtags and considered hiding one in the car. £25, no sim. It uses the current network of Apple devices in the country to track it.

Obviously it doesn’t cut the engine or set off an alarm but if a thief is thwarted by a car that cuts out they may consider torching it. At least with a simple tracker you can sneak up on them?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I’ve bought some Apple Airtags and considered hiding one in the car. £25, no sim. It uses the current network of Apple devices in the country to track it.

Obviously it doesn’t cut the engine or set off an alarm but if a thief is thwarted by a car that cuts out they may consider torching it. At least with a simple tracker you can sneak up on them?
it also doesn't work if there isn't an Apple phone within 30 feet.

Pondo

Club Member
I’ve also been thinking about these options so interested in what peeps have installed.....the apple air tags will notify someone if they are travelling with a tag without their consent I believe.