Seat covers

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Anyone know if there are off the shelf options for seat covers with cloth check pattern panels like in the pic? I should be getting my car back from paint early in the new year, so I'm making plans.
I'd like to keep the car as it was, but back to good usable condition.

DSC_0146.jpg

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Cow-hide, all the way FTW!!!!!!!! (That may well be lost on some of the newer membership!)

Seriosuly though chap, I’ve often wondered the same as I really like the factory cloth on my car! I haven’t found anything yet, but will at some point be asking a seat upholstery company about it. Also tempted by doing alcantara in the middle if I can’t find the right cloth. Can’t imagine that to be cheap though!

Here are my stock seats for comparison

IMG_3893.jpeg

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Cow-hide, all the way FTW!!!!!!!! (That may well be lost on some of the newer membership!)

Seriosuly though chap, I’ve often wondered the same as I really like the factory cloth on my car! I haven’t found anything yet, but will at some point be asking a seat upholstery company about it. Also tempted by doing alcantara in the middle if I can’t find the right cloth. Can’t imagine that to be cheap though!

Here are my stock seats for comparison

View attachment 60401
I've got a pair like that in the loft. Probably more mousey than yours tho 😀. Please let me know if you do talk to any upholsterers. Maybe we can get a bogof? Mine would be free....

uk66fastback

Club Member
I spoke to an upholstery guy at the recent NEC show about something - he did Porsche stuff though - but I’m sure they’d do other patterns. He had some of that 80s Pasha interior and also some nice houndstooth cloth on show. A mate of mine had his interior redone on his 996 in it - mixed with black leather - not cheap - £2500.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I spoke to an upholstery guy at the recent NEC show about something - he did Porsche stuff though - but I’m sure they’d do other patterns. He had some of that 80s Pasha interior and also some nice houndstooth cloth on show. A mate of mine had his interior redone on his 996 in it - mixed with black leather - not cheap - £2500.
That sort of stuff would be great, some of those old Porsche seats are very nice. But I'm not a porsche prices kind of guy. More Dunelm as Derrick suggested.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Took the Z up the road for a quick warm up run yesterday and hadn’t realised how bad my driver’s seat has become - I literally sink low into the car and the cloth has started to come away from the vinyl.

So looking at the MSA website, they seem to have custom upholstery with “velor”. Has anyone seen these in real life / photos? In fact, what on earth is Velour? It sounds like a pretntious 90s night club trying to sound up market but in reality it was just a meat market! ;)

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Yeah, I wondered about them too, but they've only got line drawings. Maybe I'll email them.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Too the Z up the road for a quick warm up run yesterday and hadn’t realised how bad my driver’s seat has become - I literally sink low into the car and the cloth has started to come away from the vinyl.

So looking at the MSA website, they seem to have custom upholstery with “velor”. Has anyone seen these in real life / photos? In fact, what on earth is Velour? It sounds like a pretntious 90s night club trying to sound uarlet but in reality it was just a meat market! ;)

It sounds like you might have had some bad experiences in the 90s 😂

DaveF

Club Member
Too the Z up the road for a quick warm up run yesterday and hadn’t realised how bad my driver’s seat has become - I literally sink low into the car and the cloth has started to come away from the vinyl.

So looking at the MSA website, they seem to have custom upholstery with “velor”. Has anyone seen these in real life / photos? In fact, what on earth is Velour? It sounds like a pretntious 90s night club trying to sound uarlet but in reality it was just a meat market! ;)

Here's your velour Sir.......

Attachments

• Velour.jpg
    Velour.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 18

Robotsan

Club Member

You mean to tell me you've never had a car with velour seats?! I can't believe that's even possible 😂

To be honest, the bit of material in the middle of your seats actually looks like velour, but with stitches through it to make that ribbed (for your pleasure?) design, so I would imagine the MSA ones are made to replicate exactly those seats.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yeah, I wondered about them too, but they've only got line drawings. Maybe I'll email them.
I was literally about to say I have emailed them with a photo of mine to get a confirmation or a photo back from them. I’m hoping they would show me theirs if I show them mine! Oh and the seat covers too.