Samuri Gathering 2014 Donington Historic Festival

JK240

Club Member
Hi Everyone

Following on from the success of last years event, I am now starting to look forward to doing it all over again next year.

The event is over 3 days again, although this time it is the Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday 3rd, 4th and 5th May 2014 so even more opportunity for us all to meet up for a great weekend of Z filled banter and some proper Historic racing.

I plan to run this again as a joint event for both the Classic Z Register and The Z Club of Great Britain.

So this is just a preliminary notification of dates for your diary and as soon as I get the chance and (an advance ticket code for the clubs)I will post full details, ticket prices etc, etc.

I think we managed 26 S30's at this years inaugural event, so I am hoping we can, in what will be the 45th anniversary of the car, raise the bar a bit.

There is a link to the Donington Site in my signature and also the Facebook event page below, but if anyone wants any help or more info, either PM me through the forum or send me an email.

Cheers,

JK

https://www.facebook.com/events/1381104858778744/?fref=ts

Dale

Club Member
That's definitely going in the diary whether I'm Zedded or not.

What's your recommendation for how many days are needed Jonathan? Will two be enough or do I really need to make it the full weekend?

JK240

Club Member

What's your recommendation for how many days are needed Jonathan? Will two be enough or do I really need to make it the full weekend?

Fantastic Dale, and I'm kinda biased as I host it, so ask the rest of the guys going but, and especially as its a now over the bank holiday rather than the Friday to Sunday as last years event, I'd make it the whole 3 days :thumbs: :cheers: :driving:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member

Depends on how many days you can tolerate me for:eek:

richiep

Club Member
Definitely count me in for Sat and Sun. Assuming I'm allowed out to play given I will have a 3.5 month old to add to my dependants collection by then!

JK240

Club Member
Definitely count me in for Sat and Sun. Assuming I'm allowed out to play given I will have a 3.5 month old to add to my dependants collection by then!

Nice one Rich, and congrats too, if I'm interpretating that comment correctly :thumbs:

JK240

Club Member
January 2014 Update

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year!

Just an update with regards to this years Donington Historic Festival meet in May.

Both the clubs are again officially registered as attending and as such we get a discounted 2 for 1 ticket deal for the whole weekend or any part of it you may wish to attend.

Advance tickets are already on sale and can be purchased from the link below by choosing the tickets required and entering our club code which is ZDHF14.

This then entitles you to the two for one ticket offer similarly to last year.

Advance tickets for the 2014 Donington Historic Festival cost £20 each for Saturday, Sunday or Monday as single day tickets, £32 for Saturday + Sunday or Sunday + Monday 2-day advance tickets and £45 for a Saturday, Sunday + Monday 3-day weekend ticket. But members of car clubs registered with us get two advance tickets for the price of one! So all 3 days for £22.50 is pretty good value for money again and is a significant saving on the gate price of £60 for the 3 day ticket. Children Under 13 are free when accompanied by an adult.

Buying tickets over the phone
The ticket hotline number is: 0844 873 7355 You will need to quote the Z club discount code: ZDHF14 to take advantage of the offer.

Buying tickets online
Click the following link
http://doningtonpark.seetickets.com/tour/donington-historic-festival

Infield parking passes
See Tickets will automatically issue one infield parking pass (for 'club appropriate' vehicles) for every pair of club tickets purchased. I appreciate that some members will need further passes, as not everyone will be buying a pair of tickets to cover a driver and passenger. If further infield passes are needed, the club member will need to email me:
samurigathering@s30.org

Please note the club ticket booking deadline of 5PM on Wednesday 23rd April 2014, Please don't leave it till the last minute, I had a few call last year late on trying to get passes and tickets at the advance price and I couldn't help out.

Accommodation
Unfortunately, Donington Park is not offering its on-site camping this year. However, camping is available next door - at the Donington Park Farm House Hotel! Details of camping, hotels and local B&Bs can be found here:

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/about-donington/accommodation/

If anyone has any questions at all please do not hesitate to get in touch with me either via PM here or email below, cheers.

Should be a great weekend again.

See you soon I hope.

Jonathan.

JK240

Club Member
Advance tickets on sale now for Donington Historic remember to use the code ZDHF14 to get the 2 for 1 offer :)

Advance tickets cost £20 each for Saturday, Sunday or Monday as single day tickets, £32 for Saturday + Sunday or Sunday + Monday 2-day advance tickets and £45 for a Saturday, Sunday + Monday 3-day weekend ticket.

Children Under 13 are free when accompanied by an adult.

Full details on how to get tickets in the post above this one :)

z8b2.jpg

JK240

Club Member
97pg.jpg
Mike Robertson has just confirmed that him and his son are coming along this year with his lovely motor, should be a great crowd again this May.

JK240

Club Member
Hi Chris, not sure yet which day the Z will be racing, it will definitely be there though this is a quote from Fourways FB page recently;

Looking forward to Donington Historic Festival in May. We can confirm we'll be there again this year with the BlueZmobile, the FIA 240Z, and the rally Z!

I will ask Geoff and Simon see if they know the schedule yet and let you know.

See you in May :)

JK240

Club Member
Thanks to Luke from http://www.unlap.co.uk/ who has created another stunning t shirt design specially for the Gathering, what do you think guys? I might lose the date other than 2014 for the final product though...

sua4.jpg

candy red

Club Member
Thanks JK for the invite to bring my 280zx in your pm, would love to bring it on sun 5th

Cheers Derrick :thumbs:

JK240

Club Member
Mike Robertson has asked me if there are any more Scottish Z owners heading to Donington, I know of Andrew Muir of course, but any one else from north of the border making the trip down?