S**t Happens

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
I am 40 years old and currently laid up in the coronary unit (ward 6) at Princess Royal Hospital in Telford. According to the quacks my heart is undisputed coronary drag strip champion going from 40 to 170 and staying there with no sign of braking and slowing down whatsoever.

They are shovelling me full of anti coagulants, drugs to slow my heart down and diuretics to empty the fluid from my lungs - kinda cool to have bedside email access and drop in here still :D

Never surrender

jeeze, sorry to hear that!!!! you put ya feet up mate and get better fast...... v8 and a club waiting for you!:D

Get well soon mate! Sorry to hear you are in hospital. Take it easy and concentrate on getting fit. :)

Ps - what are the nurses like? :)

Andy,

Man you take it easy now (I bet they won't give you the chance to do anything else anyway:) ) and try to chill that ticker out!

If there's anything I can do just let me know, you've got the number!

Steve

thanks folks - food is no good so am having stuff brought in.

thought i was dreaming this morning at 5.30 when i was gently woken by a beautiful oriental nurse..... unfortunately she was armed with a syringe and was only interested in draining my blood ... hey ho .... was a good fantasy for the first 60 seconds :D

the tv remote is like a nokia communicator, flips open to reveal a tiny keyboard, pain to use but great to be able to access the outside world.

brings everything into perspective, look after your health ladies and gents. am sure i will be fine with a good tune up but nonetheless when my 2 1/2 year old son came to visit me it certainly made me rethink my priorities.

all work and no play ........

Hey Andy

hope your soon out of there and starting to play again soon
sod the work playing will be much better for you

Easy does it

Hey fella, take it easy and get well real, real soon or I'll come visit you with a camera and use you as a centrefold:devil:

you are more than welcome steve but you don't want to bring the z club into disrepute by being prosecuted under the obscene publications act surely ??? :D

Yeh get well soon bud.

Those handset things are pretty good, but as you know daytime tv sucks :D

Like you said, these things make you appreciate things more, enjoy all the nurses!

night shift just came on ...... the pretty oriental nurse is back...... ah well, a man can dream :devil:

thanks for your comments guys, they are really appreciated

ZHead said:
night shift just came on ...... the pretty oriental nurse is back...... ah well, a man can dream :devil:
hey when your out i will tell you a wicked story about when i was in kingston hospital with a broken pelvis... far to rude to post in here.....:devil:

Haven't you managed to wangle a nice self administrating morphine drip? That'd help a a hell of a lot to get through the daytime chav, oops, chat shows.

Don't forget to tell your oriental nurse you've got a Z, bound to impress ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Hi,
Hope you feel better soon!....Have been in a coronary unit myself, so I know what it's like!
When the nurse said she had to shave me, I started to sweat!:eek:....Was only my chest and leg hair to attatch the monitor sensors...Luckily!
The monitor kept flat lining and setting off an alarm!...Fixed by a nurse, giving it a whack with her fist!:D...Good old NHS!
Try not to eat the food or you'll need to use the bedpan!:eek:
Cheerz,
JEZ

Back