Restos almost finished

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
The car's almost ready. Should have been ready mid April :rolleyes: :eek: but hey well worth the wait ;) I've just got to tweak the headlights, front brakes, front bumper and she should be good for the mot :) The car's loaded with a huge list of new parts, many of which didn't really need to be replaced but I took the attitude 'while I'm at it I may as well replace it'. All the (good) old parts that came off can now be squirreled away.
I still have to fit the new seats, steering wheel, dashboard, centre console & carpets but that's a job for next few weeks.
I haven't switched wheels as yet as I'm still playing with 16x7 & 16x8 or 17x7.5.
I'm loving the new cleaner look :thumbs: I know it won't be to everyone's taste but hey it's my car and I'm keeping it so...........:p
Very happy to have the car rolling again :D Took her for a little cruise today(private land) :driving: :D :D :D

Attachments

• TDV 97M - pic1.jpg
    TDV 97M - pic1.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 120
  • TDV 97M - pic2.jpg
    TDV 97M - pic2.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 120

uk66fastback

Club Member
Looks very clean - almost TOO clean round the back there if that is possible!

Love the white. Shame about the look of the exhaust (not a fan, sorry!)

Each to their own. Live and let live etc etc :D

Huw

Club Member
Look nice like that, as you say worth the wait. Looking forward to seeing it in the tin - glad you kept the exhaust :D

Huw

toopy

Club Member
Funny how removing the side/wing indicator makes the car look naked! :p

Personally I would lose the orange indicators in favor of some clear jobbies, especially on a white car with nothing on the wings, the orange stands out like a sore thumb IMO :)

Looks very nice tho, i do like a white car with black bumpers etc :thumbs:

johnymd

Club Member
Looks very nice. Nothing to distract from the clean lines. I loved my old car that had no rear bumper. The rear bumpers never looked that good as they stuck out too far IMO.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
glad you kept the exhaust :D

So am I, I love it's tones, although I have quietened it down a tad, but it's still bl**dy loud :D

toopy......Personally I would lose the orange indicators in favor of some clear jobbies
I'm undecided on that, so to cover all bases a pair are on order. lol

uk66fastback.....What is different about the petrol flap?
Johnymd.....Petrol flap - no lock or lock hole if a uk flap. No bit sticking out If It's a us version.
Indeedy do ;)

Have also lost the aerial :) and the sound system, I don't want any of that with such a great sounding car to listen too :)

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
The 3 stages of the rear end (in my ownership).

Attachments

• Rear end - The three stages of.jpg
    Rear end - The three stages of.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 50

status

Well-Known Forum User
Looks the nuts,the only way to make your mind up about the wheels is to pop down to me and try mine see how they look,I'm trying to make time to get up to dels but it might be in the van as everything won't fit in the Zed,should've got a 260 estate 2+2 then I'd get it all in,

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Looks good Jake. If you're running a poll on the indicators, I vote remain yellow!

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Looks great Jake bring it round sometime love it mate :thumbs:
Derrick ;)

Cheers Del ;) Yep I'll be round soon :thumbs:
Status....Looks the nuts,the only way to make your mind up about the wheels is to pop down to me and try mine see how they look,I'm trying to make time to get up to dels but it might be in the van as everything won't fit in the Zed,should've got a 260 estate 2+2 then I'd get it all in,
I'll bring her down to yours mate :thumbs: But don't forget to give me a shout when you come up to Del's ;)

Looks good Jake. If you're running a poll on the indicators, I vote remain yellow!
I'm still undecided but I think the clear may look a bit cheap & tacky, then again they might not :confused: :lol:

status

Well-Known Forum User
Let me know wot suits as got some studio/session work coming ,tree work in garden , keeping Doris happy,playing with me cars,weekends booked down the caravan,Also got her a wing walking exp to fit in before it gets to cold,I'm all alone this Sunday if that's any good

uk66fastback

Club Member
In my view, the clear lenses will just make the front devoid of ANY colour at all - I think you need some contrast ...

How did you do the rear valance area, cut out and weld in pieces to bring the recessed areas up to the same level? Can't disagree that it cleans up the rear end.