Rain gutter chrome trim clips

Farmer42

Club Member
Does anyone know where to get the clips that hold the chrome rain gutter trim on the roof of an S30 please? Mine have disintegrated and the trim is loose and I don't want to lose it.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
The stainless trim across the side window gutter rails? I don’t believe it is clipped on, it’s pressed over the gutter rails and is a very tight fit.

Geoff-R

Club Member
If loose carefully remove it back to front, clean the gutter and clean the channel of the trim. Once done re-fit front to back. As others have said there are no clips, it just presses on to the gutter rail.

Farmer42

Club Member
Mine definitely have small u-shape clips that slot into the groove inside the trim. They have rusted away although luckily the rail has not suffered. Without the clips, the trim is too loose and doesnt grip the rail. Maybe as mine is a 2/2 it has a different way of attaching than the 2-seater. I am reluctant to squeeze the trim in case it puts it out of shape. I'm pretty sure I saw a similar thread on this where someone was looking for the clips a few years back but I can't find it.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think clips / no clips varies by year. Don't think I've ever seen reproduction ones.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Part number for the 4-seater drip rail clip is 73815-N3700, and it was superseded by 73815-N3701 in March 1975. Seems they added a couple of extra clips at the same time:

73815-N3700-1.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think Nissan stock them anymore.

Geoff-R

Club Member
There you go, I was unaware of the difference between the 2 seaters and 4 seaters having never had any hands on experience with them.

This is what the clips look like so you may need to find a next best alternative.

PICT0958.jpg

Farmer42

Club Member
Coming up with a blank for these so far. There doesnt appear to be anything anywhere near the size or shape of these on any of the websites. If anyone has any spares they would sell, I would be interested otherwise it may have to come down to double sided tape or glue to keep them in place which is not ideal.