Quick hello

Carlos

New Forum User
Just a quick hi to all. Just joined to start building up my knowledge before I dive head first into 240z ownership. Will be taking my time tho so that I don't come a cropper.

Not owned anything similar before but after owning a 1999 200sx and 1996 Stagea over the past 10years, my automotive skills have been tested, so not scared of a having to do a bit of work to get a good one.

Hopefully I won't be asking too many stupid questions as the days pass :rolleyes:

Cheers for now.

Welcome to the club

its ok we do "stupid" real good here

Agreed:D

i can cope with "stupid" questions.
Its when I see "stupid "answers that I lose the will to type. :rolleyes:

There have been some real good ones:eek:

Welcome to the club... ask away.
just dont ask if anyone has a sound 240Z that just needs cleaning for around £3K:lol:

Welcome Carlos. We have a few members in Scotland and one that races a 240Z at Knockhill, Willie Robertson. That would be a good place to go, see one in action and have a look around it. I'm sure Willie would answer a few questions for you.

Are you looking to have a standard car or a modified car? Both are great vehicles.

Cheers for the welcome guys. Am quite realistic as to the costs I'll face and know I'll be buying my way into trouble if I pay a lot less than around £5k to start with.

As to the standard/modified question Rob, either would do as I've modified both the 200sx and Stagea, so not averse to seeing what can be done. Saying that (and I hope this doesn't blackball me), I would love to put the SR20DET lump I've got into a good shell. Seen one a few years back and can't quite seem to forget it. Will be keeping an eye out for likely events at Knockhill now tho. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers for now.

I've always supported development of the L Series engine because I've had so much pleasure out of mine and know that there is lots more to come from them (as some people have proved). Also I've not thought that massive amounts of power are needed in an S30 (240z etc) however since going to Spa and seeing what a great car John Palmer is developing I've got an open mind about it now ( http://zclub.net/forum/hybrid-z-cars/17769-240z-1jz-gte-manual.html )

So much reliable power is available and in John's case cheaply.

The 200SX motor has been used in the S30 before and the relative lightness compared to other Hybrids is a plus, however a 4 cylinder motor just seems wrong. But if it was done purely for power and handling i.e. in a track car (and the bonnet was kept shut) then I'm sure it would be fine.

Point taken Rob. Also got a spare RB25 unit but don't have as much knowledge on that (yet). However, that discussion aside, I've got a lot of catching up to do before I can even consider a purchase, never mind a conversion. Still, can't wait tho :)

i think it would be quite nice to see a 200sx engine conversion as i do not think there are any in this country at the moment

Back