primer today paint t'morra

tel240z

Club Member
made good use of the sunshine today built a home made spray booth, not your usual paint shop quality but keeps the dust from dropping from the roof, note the 2 fan heaters under the wings also theres an oil filled rad inside the car, keeps all the pannels nice and warm. oh and yes i turned them off when spraying ,heres some pics as of 6 o'clock today will post some painted tomorrow :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCN1135.JPG
    DSCN1135.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1138.JPG
    DSCN1138.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN1140.JPG
    DSCN1140.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1147.JPG
    DSCN1147.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1143.JPG
    DSCN1143.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 71
Nice photos, keep up the good work, post some more when you get the top coat on. looks like she's coming on great.

thats right Mike wish me luck for tomorrow :eek::eek: u mean this ?

Attachments

• Image061.jpg
    Image061.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 83
Totaly knackered ! 3 1/2 litres of base coat and 4 1/2 of laquer, not to mention 4 hours of flatting back yesterdays primer, then another 4 puting the paint on but WOW it was worth it, sorry for the picture quality but i think all that plastic sheeting confused the camera

Attachments

• DSCN1184.JPG
    DSCN1184.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1193.JPG
    DSCN1193.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN1176.JPG
    DSCN1176.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN1170.JPG
    DSCN1170.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 54
and now the laquer

Attachments

• DSCN1195.JPG
    DSCN1195.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1196.JPG
    DSCN1196.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN1197.JPG
    DSCN1197.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 83
Hey Terry - Thats looking the bees knees now. Is it just me or does that colour actually look quite.... Lairy...!!??? Cant think of a better word then that... Deffinately stand out in a crowd! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

looks like you have done a spot-on job there Tel,you should have it on the road for summer then ??

Hey Terry - Thats looking the bees knees now. Is it just me or does that colour actually look quite.... Lairy...!!??? Cant think of a better word then that... Deffinately stand out in a crowd! Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Ta Ryan wait till u see it in daylight you'll love it, lairy not ,invigorating yes ,a modern colour but keeping the origional styling imo compliments the z very well time will tell wach this space :D :D:D

looks like you have done a spot-on job there Tel,you should have it on the road for summer then ??
Mike u were spot on as well when u said painting a whole car is a lot harder than a pannel or two, and yes hope to start fitting it up soon ,most of the parts are ready /cleaned/renewed as needed still got the doors,tailgate and bonnet to do yet but after the last two days no problem:eek:

Just a quick update on the painting and to let u all know im going to sleep for a week,

IM BLOODY KNACKERED AND STILL 2 DOORS AND A
SCUTTLE TO DO YET

Attachments

• ebay sales 002.jpg
    ebay sales 002.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ebay sales 003.jpg
    ebay sales 003.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 66
  • ebay sales 005.jpg
    ebay sales 005.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 78
booth spec as follows, roll of 7 foot double opening plastic sheeting, some dexion racking 2 rolls of duck tape and a wall of the workshop ,oh and some cable ties and and 3 roof bearers, also some steps and a willing freind :unsure::rolleyes:

:S30:must say top man, a man after my own hart, never send work out you can do your self. looking good

martin

Thanks for the support lads must say its been the hardest bit to do, looking forward to fitting all the trim and goodies to it :rolleyes:;)

Thanks for the support lads must say its been the hardest bit to do, looking forward to fitting all the trim and goodies to it :rolleyes:;)

Thats when the satisfaction and a light at the ends of the tunnel appears..enjoy it.

Well done for a DIY job.

I sprayed a Hillman Imp when I was 17. Inside and out! Did it in a single garage and had to keep moving it around to spray different parts. Also it was Cellulose and I had no ventilation!!!!

All my Dad's tools ended up covered in a mist of paint.

I then went and rallied it and knocked it about a bit.

Have also brush painted a car with Valspar, remember those days Derek?

Anyway the Zed will mean a hell of a lot to you now and like Grolls said fitting the trim is very satisfying especially all the chrome bits.

Back