Other hobbies...

astroboy

Well-Known Forum User
Is there such a thing?

Curious to what other hobbies you lot are into. It can't be cars 100% of the time, can it?

Classic Japanese motor bikes

1978 Suzuki GT750A
1977 Honda 400 four super sport
1983 Suzuki Katana GSX1100S

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 32
Never ending conference calls, nappy changing, DIY :(

But a mere three years ago, it was long and Olympic distance triathlons and an unhealthy obsession with aero wheels and ceramic bearings ;)

Ali K

My hobby was running for 25 years (not non-stop). I used to like cross-country best but did quite a few Marathons, Halves and 10ks. Stoke on Trent where I lived had a very strong running scene.

My main hobby now is DIY.

Can anybody guess which one I am on this photo?

Attachments

• MPTRA Race Michelin.jpg
    MPTRA Race Michelin.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 48
Dave, those bikes are fantastic. I'm not 'having a go' here but have you ever ridden any of them or do you ride another bike? Did you ride in your earlier days?

I had a few bikes and used to work at a motorbike shop on Saturdays and school/college holidays. The great thing about bikes is that you don't need lots of space or have to lie on your back to work on them.

Dave, those bikes are fantastic. I'm not 'having a go' here but have you ever ridden any of them or do you ride another bike? Did you ride in your earlier days?

I had a few bikes and used to work at a motorbike shop on Saturdays and school/college holidays. The great thing about bikes is that you don't need lots of space or have to lie on your back to work on them.

Thats a good question Rob the GT750 is 90% finished just need to find x2 outer pipes, the 400 four is 80% finished just wants wiring up carbs on and a few other bits, and the Katana is with Mark Rayners mate and we had it running yesterday after a engine rebuild.

I have not ridden any yet but will next year when they are all finished, i moved my business to a much bigger unit 2 years ago so i now have the space to restore them when i have time, both the GT750 & 400 four have been a full strip down and rebuild.

Motorbikes old and new
Making stuff at home on the lathe/mill(steam engines/bike parts).
Rowing(when I get time again).
Restoring our new(to us) old shonky house.
Spending time with my kids
Battling with planning so I can build a garage to carry out most of my hobbies!

Dave, my last bike was a new Suzuki GSX750 1978/9 I think. Not the best bike but a great buy at a reduced £1300. Wife and I didn't have a car so it was 100% biking winter and all, with no fairing. We used to go camping too and had throwover panniers, topbox, tank bag and rucksac. Happy days.

We worked in an office in Hanley and parked in an underground car park where we could take off all the weatherproof gear and helmets. My boss had Ducati 900SS (black and gold) with Conti 'silencers' - when he started it up the noise was amazing.

I did Scuba diving for about 12 years and a fare bit of Water Skiing as well.
In the TA for a bit and Karate for a few years.
Then the Racing took over my life for 8 Seasons.
Seams like I just work a lot now :(

Dave
Nice Bikes, surprised you can find the time.

Rob
Not sure witch one you are but, I'll take a guess. The one in the middle with the ferrite on his chin?

Cars.....That's all I'm into and my kids don't help my addiction as they're all car mad too.

American Muscle through to German mile munchers and British muscle...Classics in the main but I have eclectic taste but I hate most later Ferraris with a passion

I used to do skydiving until I figured out it was Russian roulett with a canopy
Skied for a while until my knees gave out (good job cos I was ****)
Scuba dived for many years but not done it for a while due to one thing and another
Now im just Pete's biatch:rofl:

...I did Scuba diving for about 12 years and a fare bit of Water Skiing as well....

Matt with feet as big as your's that must be an advantage. ;)

Actually I'm number 18 so the 118 advert is almost correct. When I was in my early days of running I went to support club mates in the national X Country race at Graves Park Sheffield. Dave Bedford won the junior race by a loooong way and I was a big fan of his after that. He is the runner that the 118 adverts were based on. He sued them and won. :thumbs:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/jan/27/newmedia.advertising

I like anything (within reason) that gets me out and about, even if I sometimes need motivating to start. I love rock climbing, shooting (that's game, clays and 7.62 target which I used to shoot for the army), I have a speed boat that I bought to use so I could go scuba diving and fishing but didn't use once last year!

I like long walks with my two Deerhounds and occasionally they put some food on the table. Lol.

There's a guy I know on here, Mark, his profile name is something like Minimodels, he is in to bikes too. He has 2 Honda CX650 Turbo's.

Rob, I was in the Army so running was unavoidable but I still believe that none should run unless they're being chased. Haha!

Back