Ooh

Oh Yeah! I like that, it looks pretty complete too. Will keep an eye on the price, someones gonna get a splendid project. Will look great lowered a tad with some decent period JDM wheels on it.

I predict bidding could get quite enthusiastic on that, even as a 4-door in pretty rough condition. Not exactly common in the UK...

Looks old fashioned to me. sort of like a mk1 Cortina. Surprising it's the same era as the Zs.

Looks old fashioned to me. sort of like a mk1 Cortina. Surprising it's the same era as the Zs.

The C10-series design and engineering predates that of the S30-series by three years at least.

Pretty much the same drivetrain though.

The car in question is very likely to be a real Pandora's Hako....

Sorry for the **** question but does anybody have an idea how much it might cost to restore this thing to a good standard, reminiscent of a GTR? (not concours, might be missing a few details here and there, and keeping the 2000GT badges...)

*runs and hides...*

Sorry for the **** question but does anybody have an idea how much it might cost to restore this thing to a good standard, reminiscent of a GTR? (not concours, might be missing a few details here and there, and keeping the 2000GT badges...)

*runs and hides...*

Not enough data for me - 'good' is subjective, what parts/trim are missing - which parts to upgrade if at all ?

Let's say rust has taken its hold and you need a full resto - shell blasted, dipped and needing new panels and welding.

Interior doesn't look too bad, quite dirty. Probably re-trim the front seats or possibly retro bucket seats and harnesses. Let's say new dash needed and new carpets & roof re-trim.

Then aggressive cam L24, triples, new exhaust system - nothing crazy..

Coilovers & strut braces

Flares done properly (cut arches)

Wheels & tyres not factored into budget.

You reckon it would be easier to buy a good condition Hako to start off? Lol just interested as to what parts and panels for these are going for.. Similar costs to an S30?

New dash ?

S30s are more common and new dashes start at £500 if you can find one and have it shipped ($$$$$).

Trim, panels and specific parts for this car have gotta be rarer and to what end ? The car has little interest from a sporting or historic point of view - it's just rare and raity doesn't equate value or a following.

I'd also go for a 510 or even that 140Z that was up for sale a while back and for a lot less initial outlay.

It's kind of the same thing as with S30s though isn't it? Sportier looking coupe version more desirable - wouldn't say no to a 4 door hako though :)

I bet if this car was in silver opinions would be a bit different, they look so right in that colour.

And thank god no-one has tried to bolt arches on it, seen it before where arches have been bolted on over the back doors so they don't even open any more.

[EDIT] or this colour, don't know what paint code it is but it suits so well:

4714160524_9972d6c2ac_b.jpg

Yeah I'd never get a 4 door - would have to have arches and to do that you'd need to cut the rear in half to still use the door like Morbias said... Lol that's if I ever get to own a Hakosuka!! :p The silver ones work so well with the black wheels, liking the gold colour above too

Thanks Sean - i'm a noob when it comes to resto values, I know of some of the costs going into S30's so just wondered if it was the same with Hakosukas or if they had more of an aftermarket / trader stock seeing as they're usually put on a higher pedestal than S30's 'in general'. That's my outsider view but maybe I can be enlightened on this!

While I'm not that fussed either way over rear flares on the 2 door version, it think it looks odd on a 4 door - it's a good looking car on its own without needing to be modded!

That's just my tastes though, it's not for everyone I suppose :)

The car has little interest from a sporting or historic point of view - it's just rare and raity doesn't equate value or a following.

Been on the red again then ?:rolleyes::devil::eek:

And thank god no-one has tried to bolt arches on it, seen it before where arches have been bolted on over the back doors so they don't even open any more.

4714160524_9972d6c2ac_b.jpg

Done properly the can look good and still be functional.:thumbs:

Have a look at this example...apologies I could not "post" pics

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...ved=0CEIQrQMwDGoVChMIoISf-s6ayQIVSu5yCh3Nwg9X

Yeah I'd never get a 4 door -

I thought you were interested in the Ebay item hence all the questions about restoration and costs etc:confused:

While I'm not that fussed either way over rear flares on the 2 door version, it think it looks odd on a 4 door - it's a good looking car on its own without needing to be modded!

That's just my tastes though, it's not for everyone I suppose :)

Prefer un-flared look on 4 door myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
That colour does look good. I'd also like to know what it is.

Hopefully someone on here will purchase it and we can track the restoration in a thread. It does look like it may be a bit of work judging by the surface rust on the inner wings in the engine bay, and that's what you can see....

That gold car looks amazing, if I was selling the black car I'd link it to the advert.

Back