One of the nicest US modded cars i've seen

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for posting : agreed and proof that wheels make a car.

If I was being picky, I'd drop the Datsun badge on the grill, the metal heel plate and fit a better quality black leather gear knob.

The most interesting thing about this car is that it is for sale and where it's being sold ;

there aren't many stock Zs, most have been modified, so this car represents, in my mind, the majority of cars (done as well as, less or further improved but I'm not including swaps !) .

therefore, and being an auction, this car is likely to give us an accurate example of what an improved Z should fetch.

richiep

Club Member
Bit of a letdown the Fujitsubo exhaust being mated to an MSA header. I’d have gone with the Fujitsubo header for a proper setup. That would be something I’d change. Get rid of the weak link!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Bit of a letdown the Fujitsubo exhaust being mated to an MSA header. I’d have gone with the Fujitsubo header for a proper setup. That would be something I’d change. Get rid of the weak link!

I don't see why - it doesn't seem to have been intended as the "JDM car of the year" and Rebello would have been consulted, he uses those and Pacesetter 6-2s on his smaller cc builds. Bigger (Fujitsubo) ID primary pipes might reduce engine performance.

I agree partway with Franky on the suspension, stock parts are already well-performing but they're on there now - if someone bought the car, would they really swap them back ?

Let's keep it on-topic and not discuss as if a build - it's finished and in front of us : if YOU bought the car, what would you change if anything , keeping budget in mind - no £100, 000 sprees ?

Yes, however at least its two pipes into a twin silencer.

what I don't get is that the engine has 'turbo' pistons? so I'd guess dished.

Pondo

Club Member
Its the front bumper that I'd swap and the suspension arms.

Nice to see a full twin pipe setup. Its done tastefully

I was just wondering what you would swap the suspension arms and bumper to, I think lots of guys have these on their cars.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yes, however at least its two pipes into a twin silencer.

It's too low my chum, in two places :

1) at the level of the seats
2) coming around the dif

The former, you'll scrape over the first speed bump.

The spoiler's not so bad - what would you guys change it too ? But that's not an afternoon job !

Me, I'd have to change the headlights and maybe the rears to 'euros'.