Nissan 432 S30 in UK

Going to pop over and have a nosy a week on Monday hopefully :D
ay37g2.jpg

I'm going to stick my neck out here and ask why it has ZG arches ?

Obviously non-OEM wheels (although attractive) and should those bumper rubbers be there ?

Overall - a lovely car but beyond my means.......

The arches were a bona ride option for the Z432 - and they aren't all "ZG" arches. Z432 had their own variation.

The arches were a bona ride option for the Z432 - and they aren't all "ZG" arches. Z432 had their own variation.

The Nissan Sports Option list for the Fairlady Z432-R offered the 'overfenders' that were homologated for that model from January 1970.

The car in question is a Fairlady Z432, and has been retro-fitted with ZG-style 'overfenders', not the 432-R style overfenders. The 432-R style overfenders and the ZG style overfenders are completely different shapes.

It also looks as though a rather basic fitting mistake has been made with the rear overfenders...

SeanDezart said:
...and should those bumper rubbers be there ?

The rear bumper corner rubbers were stock equipment on most of the Japanese market models, so yes they should be present.

There's lots to be said about this particular car, but I'm going to keep my powder dry for a little while to see what pans out...

But the wings wouldn't have been 'cut-out' in either ZG arch fitting.......would they ?

The only S30s fitted with 'overfenders' as stock showroom equipment were the HS30-H (Homologation) model Fairlady 240ZGs, and the overfenders were riveted on over stock body sheetmetal. Original steel arches were not cut.

Obviously, to make full use of the factory overfenders it is necessary to cut and re-weld the original sheetmetal beneath them.

The car in question appears to have intact stock sheetmetal underneath the riveted-on overfenders. I've seen a couple or three 432s in Japan wearing ZG-style overfenders in the past, but most of them have now had them removed and have reverted to stock type sheetmetal.

Going to pop over and have a nosy a week on Monday hopefully :D
ay37g2.jpg

I just happen to notice that no windscreen chrome surrounds. I guess this is normal for this model. Similar to the KPGC10 and KGC10 variation?

There must be so many subtle differences between this and a more common S30 variant.

It was the PS30-SB Fairlady Z432-R that didn't have the stainless steel trims in the front and rear screen rubbers. This car is not a Z432-R.

The car in question would have been fitted with them when it left the factory. There are lots of other stock 432-specific parts missing from the car too.

Albrecht said:
It also looks as though a rather basic fitting mistake has been made with the rear overfenders...

Ok, with the addition of more photographs I see what you mean, it make the rear wheel "look" like its toe'd in.

No rear window trim either.

Oil filler cap ?

And what is happening with that wiring.........?

All that said, it's a 432 with its S20 - I just hope that it is bought for what it is.

SKiddell said:
Ok, with the addition of more photographs I see what you mean, it make the rear wheel "look" like its toe'd in.

Back wheelarches look a bit iffy. They dont seem to belong

I think the problem is that the left rear overfender has been mounted on the right side of the car, and the right rear overfender has been mounted on the left side of the car....

Hopefully they'll be coming off anyway (?).

Back