Newbie 260z Owner

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Hi,
Thought I'd better introduce myself as I've just bought a 1978 260z after months of deliberation. At some point over the past five years its been the subject of a restoration and externally is looking good. What lies beneath is still to be discovered, I've got a feeling the more I look the more I'll find, certainly the wiring is throwing up a few challanges already.

I've big plans for the car including an L28 engine, (if anyone has one spare?) suspension etc, but want to keep the car externally as standard as possible.

I would guess this car has already been around the ZClub at some stage as I found old stickers in the glovebox, perhaps previously coloured maroon, pre-restoration? Registration is AJT 260T. If anyone has any history I'd be pleased to hear from them.

Cheers

Andy W

FullSizeRender.jpg 260z 3.jpg 260z 4.jpg260z 2.jpg

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Car looks great - particularly in white. I have a 1978 260Z myself and love every minute of driving it. Keep it as original as possible and you'll never regret it. See you are in Cumbria - I am not too far away in Cheshire so would be happy to meet up sometime with the cars if that idea interests you.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I am sure I remember that reg plate

I think someone on here has similar, I know I've seen a 260z with 260 in the reg here or maybe ebay.

Where did the LHS door lock go? Shaved one side of the car?

Looks very nice Andy :thumbs:

Have fun :driving:

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Hmm! I'd never noticed the morning missing lock, I'll add that to the list of things to deal with.
Or perhaps it's a special edition!!

Riddler, be good to meet up one day but I need a couple of months to get to a roadworthy state, will PM u later in the year.

Cheers

SacCyclone

Club Member
I do like the white color as well on Zeds, and the special edition single door lock cars are very rare....indeed.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Riddler, be good to meet up one day but I need a couple of months to get to a roadworthy state, will PM u later in the year.

Cheers
No problem - just let me know when you are ready. Sure we could find a nice pub somewhere between us both where we could meet up. Will wait to hear from you.