NEC Classic Car Show 2014 | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

NEC Classic Car Show 2014

Discussion in 'Shows & Meets' started by Gaz 300, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

2. madda

madda Well-Known Forum User

Next to the Z Register stand too according to FB,

3. RIDDLER

RIDDLER Well-Known Forum User

Are the Z register there then? Are they showing any 240/260s? I'm going to the show tomorrow (driving there in my 260z - in the heavy rain according to the forecasters!).

4. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Yes they have two there next door to us.

[​IMG]

5. RIDDLER

See you tomorrow no doubt!

6. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Say hello to the team and wish I was there Riddler but alas I am stuck here in Belfast.

7. RIDDLER

Will do - looking forward to seeing that auction car too. Should be a good day!

8. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

9. mattbibbey

mattbibbey Well-Known Forum User

Look out for a friend of mine called Mark. He is there showing bikes I think. A CX-650 I believe. He also has a nice Z and lives near me. He a forum member on here too.

10. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member

Look forward to seeing the stand, will be there tomorrow.

11. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

12. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

Takes some beating for thrills that video. :rolleyes:

At that rate it will take that guy a week to polish the car. Surely the paint would get hot with so much time spent in one little area.

13. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Yes everybody is of the same opinion Rob. We think it would take a week to do the whole car :rolleyes:

14. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Well thats it for this year. This show ends our 25th Anniversary of the Z32 300zx and what a great year it was. Looking forward to 2015 now and more of the same.
    Thank you all for your comments and more joint meets in the furture.:thumbs:

15. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

What was the general opinion of this show?

What/who's were the Classic Register cars and were they well 'presented'. They were both white, looking at an overhead view - was the 2 seater Mr Forder's?

16. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Hi Rob the show took a lot of work and club money to stage but............. what a huge success it was in getting the exposure and raising the profile of the club and the Z32 300zx,
    The owners of the three cars enjoyed it immensely with great feedback from the viewing public. One of the show car owners (FunkySi) had photo opportunities with Sir Stirling Moss and Quentin Willson who he had an in depth chat about the 300zx. So it went down very well and talk has started doing it again next year. Full info on show in link below.
    http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?179421-300zx-co-uk-at-the-NEC!

As for the Classic Z Register all I know is they had two cars on show and our members found them great to talk to. There is some info on there FB page but not a lot. As the numbers of these cars go down then of course you have less members and less info on them but here is there page.
    https://www.facebook.com/classiczregister

Any plans for Zclub doing it again Rob it would be good to see them there beside us.

17. 280REZ

280REZ 280ZX 2 + 2 Targa ,Auto 1981

The 260's were white and silver

18. zNathan

zNathan Well-Known Forum User

Rob, my Dad went to the show and said the 260's were in okay condition, nowhere near mint.

(The above isn't meant to offend anybody so apologies if that's the case)

19. pete.vert

pete.vert Active Forum User

How come there was no Z club stand?

20. STEVE BURNS

STEVE BURNS
    Z Club Member

Because we have to justify spending members subscription fees against the interest shown from the subscribed membership
    Last year when we attended there was a deal that if members gave us their ticket stubs we could then present them to the main organization and they would grant us a £1 donation for each ticket handed in and although this was promoted on the website we only managed to present 28 tickets which to be honest is awful as the event is over 3 days