LakeZ 2013 28th,29th,30th JUNE

martinmac

Inactive
LakeZ will be going ahead under a slightly different format for 2013. I am constantly trying to keep costs down for this event and this year I think I have made a significant advance. I WILL KEEP THIS POST UPDATED SO KEEP AN EYE ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES.

LakeZ 2013 will have no entry fee for the event, no entry fee for the band on the Saturday evening and no fee for camping, sorry that the best I could do. :lol:

The rough format will reflect that of previous years and is again a social weekend in the Lake District, a chance to chill, meet other owners and enjoy the area. If you dont have a car or its not on the road feel free to come along anyway.

The big change is the venue, it will be held in Cark in Cartmel in the South LakeZ which has all the facilities we need and has plenty to offer nearby. Everything is within a 100m radius and there are lots of options for those who dont like camping.

Friday, for those who can get the day off arrive and get settled in. Meet and greet at the local pub which is being totally refurbished to a very high quality. Great food available and if the weather is playing the game sit outside and take in the rays. Rose and Crown. For anyone who wants to eat at the pub please pm me. It get pretty busy in the season so I will make sure we have tables. I suggest we start to eat at 6 pm to make sure we all get fed.The food is very good and reasonable priced. They arent trying to be a restaurant.

Saturday, several options.
A drive out up the west coast with great roads.
3 mile drive to pick up the local steam railway, this connects to the Windermere steamers. Stop at Bowness and Windermere for refreshments and some retail therapy.

Saturday evening. A meal in the pub followed by Bands playing on the local stage with a full bar service. Free hog roast starting 6-30 pm at the Hall.

Sunday, Show and shine and then chill out until its time to go.

Breakfasts will be available at the pub and there will be refreshments all day. Anyone wanting breakfast at the Rose and Crown please book it the previous evening so they can get an idea of numbers.

Alternatively there is a well stocked local Londis so for those who wish to bring your own beer to the Band night, no drinks brought into the pub though please.

Most of the local pubs have accomodation and I am happy to give reviews, there are also several local B&Bs and a few rental houses withing a mile. One even has six bedrooms taking 11 people which works out at about £44 per person, Friday to Monday. A great option if you can get a group together.

Book early though, its the Lake District.

The parking area we will be using is tarmac and pretty big. It does have two small speed bumps but even I can get over them. Once parked up the cars will not need to be moved as its private.

Any questions just ask. :)

ANYONE WITH A LOWERED CAR WHO INTENDS TO ATTEND PM ME, AVOID COMING IN THROUGH GRANGE OVER SANDS.
For lowered cars I suggest you stay on the A590 until you get to the turn off for the Anglers Arms. LA12 8AJ Incidentally this is right opposite the Stema railway. Leave the Anglers arms to your right and continue through the village. Take the first left at the first junction and fillow this road until you see the Rose and Crown right ahead of you. LA11 7NU. You will see the banners and flags. Take the left fork at the pub and about 60 metres along you will see the village hall to your left. When driving down the road from the Anglers arms please remember that we have dry stone walls, tourist seem to like to hit these so keep an eye out for rocks by the side of the road. Road rage induced by the finger from the driver of a german car so my fault. Its also a floating road so undulates a bit. I ground out when driving at the national speed limit.

Posted Image

We have rented 30 tables plus chairs at the hall for outside use so dont bring your own unless you really want to.

Supporting the raffle on the Saturday night will help to fund the weekend so please buy lots of tickets. There are some great prizes.

Camping. When pitching your tent please try to use the area provided so as to maximise the number of tents we can get on it. It may get busy depending on the weather on the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Martin, I live in Cumbria though don't know my plans for those dates yet, but if possible I'd like to meet up with you guys at some point over the weekend. My 240z won't be on the road but it would be good to catch sight of some Z's in Cumbria, particuarly early ones.
Cheers
Paul

Thats great Paul, once the weather sorts itself out we will be getting some local meets going too so I will keep you updated.

The drive will comprise of:

1) Scenic drive up the west coast. This does contain some great relatively unknown roads, but also a lack of passing places, so like the rest of the lakes you might have loads of time to look around as you pootle along behind that tractor!

2) Current activity options are Muncaster Castle and the "Laal Ratty", a miniature steam railway that heads up the Eskdale valley. Muncaster Castle also contains a great birds of prey center and owl sanctuary, plus extensive gardens and cafe.

Additionally, a ride on the wee train could be combined with a short ramble into the valley to see Stanley Gill Waterfall. Probably about 1 - 1.5hrs walking.

Both these options are within a mile of each other, so you could technically do both if you can manage to get up early :lol: As herding Zedders is difficult though, we will probably just do one activity for time reasons.

The pub has now been totally gutted and refurbished to a very high standard. The food is now great. I have jet washed the patio which now has lots of additional seating, heat lamps, lights and canopies to protest us from the sun.

I have arranged for the camping area to be mowed prior to our arrival.

A hog roast has been organised for the Saturday night. This will be available before and during the gig.

I have just bought a new portable bar to serve drinks during the gig.

The villagers have been supplied with ear defenders.

Think thats us about ready. :thumbs:

Just turn up bud, if you want a hotel or B&B I would book early but for camping there is no need to book. If you want a meal on the Friday night it is worth dropping me a pm nearer the time so I can book you a table.

The big advantage with this format over the previous one is that I dont have to prepay for toilets and showers etc which was the expensive bit so I am pretty chilled about the numbers. Its looking pretty good for numbers anyway so the format seems to work.

Great - thanks. Just hoping I'll have a zed to come in, list of jobs to get it roadworthy seems to be getting longer! Wouldn't be the same turning up in the daily ride.

Lakez

Hi
Re Lakez June 2013 - Bernie and Joyce Dale with White 300ZX would like to be included for this meet
Can you let us have any information we need to camp with trailer tent please.
Best regards Bernie & Joyce

No problem at all, there is plenty of room and I think I can promise you a great weekend. Drop me a pm nearer the time and I will give you my mob details so I am there when you arrive.

Having been sadly reminded a couple of times of how fragile our mortality is recently my new motto is " Go for it". Those that know me will also be aware that I dont need a lot of excuses to throw a party.
grin.gif

So,.... to keep the FREE theme going for lakeZ this year, not only is the camping FREE, and the band on the Saturday FREE, I am also thowing in the Hog Roast on the Saturday night for FREE. Having just checked the calendar and made a quick calculation I have realised I have a significant anniversary that week so thats a good enough excuse for me.

So this is the schedule for the weekend, there are a few options so it would be good to have a rough idea of numbers and interest for each. If anyone who is attending can take a minute to add themselves to the list it will make planning a lot easier.

Thanks guys.

Friday;
Arrive and check in/ pitch tents. Meet and greet at the Rose and Crown and dine there. Other food options are available from the local chippy or BBQing at the hall, not on the grass please. We dont have access to the main village hall on the Friday night but the facilities will be open.

Saturday;
Breakfast will be available at the pub which will stay open all day for snacks and refreshments. There is then a choice of organised activities. Subject the numbers we can have a session on the go-karts at Barrow, about 20 minutes away.
!0 minutes away is the Haverthwaite steam railway. This run up to Lakeside and connects with the Lakes steamers which will take you to Bowness and Ambleside. Local mini buses are available but please book them yourself, I will provide the contact details.
There is also a drive out on Saturday.
Please remember you will only be able to do one of the options.

Saturday evening is at the village hall, about 50m from the pub, this is also where we will park for the weekend. The Hog Roast will start about 7pm with the band(s) starting about 8-30. If anyone wants to eat in the pub first then let me know and I will book you a table. I will post the menus up when I am home over the weekend.

Sunday;
Breakfast at the pub and then its show and shine time. The pub will be doing food all day so its a chill out day.
smile.gif

So here is the names bit.
wacko.gif

Username. Attending. Hotel/camping. Saturday option. Eating at pub.

martinmac +1 Fri to Sunday. Home. None. Fri ,Sat lunch Sun lunch.

Starting to get some good numbers from the forums for this now. Please post up if you will be joining in on the Saturday night so I can work out how many pigs to cook. This is the only part where numbers are crucial apart from the fire regs for the hall.

I have just booked two old codgers into the pub for the weekend, the bridal sweet will be prepared. :p

As mentioned in the newsletter. Any questions just call me and I will help in any way I can. If people want to club together and go self caatering then these places are very close and still available.

http://www.sykescott...ctedDayOfWeek=6

http://www.old-bank-...id=13&Itemid=26

This is the pub we will be using.

This is worth a visit and is a few miles away.

http://www.lakelandm...co.uk/index.php

And for any crazies out there I can arrange this if you like.

Charity Sky-dive for the British Heart Foundation - YouTube

And just so you know what to expect from the pub.

Robinsons Pubs - Rose & Crown

Thanks for all your help on the phone today, Martin. Will definitely be there on the Friday (weather permitting) arriving around lunchtime but will have to head back home that evening, probably around 7pm. Look forward to meeting whoever gets there on the Friday afternoon.

I have just been ciontacted by a member trying to find a hotel. He has drawn a blank. Look like being a busy weekend. I still have a few places with room but dont leave it too long.

Just booked a room at Thornfield House, still have rooms available if anyone needs one !
Will be attending Sat and Sun

Mark, Gill and Jay !

Back