JAE peterborough

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
okay peeps this year at the JAE , lets park our cars properly , although im not sure of the stand area im sure , parking neatly this year would make our club area look not only smart but as if we care rather than arriving and parking anywhere , if those of us online start the trend those that are not on line can follow or be directed on the day by the rest of us

would be nice see and to have the zeds/zx in each of their groups parked up
ie:
240z:S30:
260z @ 2+2:S30:
280zx @2+2:280Z:
300zx:Z31:
300zxfacelift:Z31:
300zxtt:Z32:

350z:350Z:

there was a rumour at the AGM that i might be the new show organiser , which i have not confirmed yet , so is there anyone out there who would or would assist in organising the parking ??

regards steve
350z

Personally I think you'd make an ideal show organiser, as you are currently the concours man it is obvious to us newer members that you are a person with wide-ranging show exprerience whose expertise should be maximised within the club.
I am hoping to get there for the whole weekend and will gladly help you out if required but at present I can only deffo make Sunday.

what time is a good time to get there to make it easier to organise ?

and how many space's have the zclub been allocated ?

thanks derek

hi moggy
well the sooner the better but depending on whether your camping or not you can i believe get in at any time as there is security on the main gate
otherwise very difficult to say whats the best time ,as i have never been there before, i am hoping to be there by 8 or 9 ish depending on traffic from kent
so if your there bfore me nab some of the others who arrive and get the ball rolling if you feel like it
if you do we'll need to work on a layout but will need size of stand area 1st
suzy can you help
cheers steve
and suzy so far i have only had 2 entrants this year for the concors at the JAE , and feel that its now too late to get the judge i normally use to commit to do it , so i am pretty sure there will not be a concors this year ,
so we will have much more space on our stand area
thankx steve

helping

Mr lack i will be there on the friday hopefully 4 the weekend i will help if poss but i have my rabble with me to keep occupied it could be difficult trying to get all the ranges together without knowing stand size etc as u know we try things like this but someone always complains etc and what if u had only 1 car of say a 2602+2 but loads of 300z31 etc i can see your point though oh wise one !!!!!!! :p :p

Stand booked for 100 cars, this doesn't help you with size but gives you an idea of space

Suzy HEEEELLLLPPPP !!!

Hiya Suzy,

I’m planning on attending JAE 2005 with my 280ZX.

This is the first ‘Z’ meet so I’m unsure of protocols etc.

Can you fill me in on the details please?

Do I go to the Club entrance?

Are all ‘Z’ owners camping together?

Can I put my car on the stand?

Can I remove it at night?

Sorry if I sound a bit naïve but I’m really not sure what to expect

p.s. if anyone wants to stop in Huntingdon before heading up to the showground pm me

Terry

Hi Terry
Brillant you can make it to JAE, look forward to seeing you there.

Z Club protocol:confused: that's a new one on me, I'm sure we usual just make things up as we go along:eek:

Yep get your ar.... self to the club/traders entrance, buy your tickets at the gate (I think they will give you a wrist band) then come and find the Z Club stand (see map under a JAE thread in the shows section).

You can camp on the Z Club stand but tents must be put away by 8.30am or there is a designated camping area which is were I would have thought most Zedders will be "camping it up" (Steve, Paul, Pete etc). Some will be camping on Friday night so if you are not arriving until Saturday you might want to come striaght to the Car Stand and then we can point you in the right direction to pitch up.

Yes you can take your car away each night (unless I take a shine to it!!!)

Should be a good weekend:D

Let me know if I can help with anything else

Displaying cars

How about a front row with example of each model (similar to JAE last year) but then free for all behind that?

I have spec boards for each model (well did have but went missing at Billing hoping Steve B or Derek can help here) which can be placed by each car to give a little detail about them.

Steve, (Show Organiser) I will now be there by 10am Friday with caravan & awning which we can probably set up in camping area to give us a focal point (& undercover imbibing area for the evenings) & big gazebo which we can probably set up in display area to give us a bit of shelter (from the Sun). I will need a hand as I'll be on my own (Nathan's coming down Fri nite after work & Merlin can't set tents up).

suzy said:
How about a front row with example of each model (similar to JAE last year) but then free for all behind that?

I have spec boards for each model (well did have but went missing at Billing hoping Steve B or Derek can help here) which can be placed by each car to give a little detail about them.
I agree with the front row idea as it shows all the models ( sorry albrecht before you disagree :D ) as if we keep all the models in a separate line IMHO it will leave big gaps and as people arrive at different times it would meat constant marshalling

with regards to spec boards cant help there Suzy never saw them when me and derek struck down the Gazebo

Derek Sulley said:
Steve, (Show Organiser) I will now be there by 10am Friday with caravan & awning which we can probably set up in camping area to give us a focal point (& undercover imbibing area for the evenings) & big gazebo which we can probably set up in display area to give us a bit of shelter (from the Sun). I will need a hand as I'll be on my own (Nathan's coming down Fri nite after work & Merlin can't set tents up).
me amd paul will give you a hand but as pail is giving me a lift will let you know next week on what time we will arrive on the friday

Where U Camping???

Steve where u camping as i was going to go to the area above the club site to the left as this is nr the stand and incl cars etc is that good or not

Back