HSCC first round

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
At a wet and windy Donnington park, our very own Matt Bannister made a superb start to the season with a 2nd on the grid running several 1.27 qualifying laps. Concerns grew as the weather turned wetter and at one point jacks and spanners were out in order to change tyres, however significant rain held off and at nearly 6 PM the field went out with dry tyres on a damp track. Matt had a cracking start and took Redgate first, several slick moves on successive laps put his lead beyond challenge and his nearest rival Julian Barter (son of Charles Barter) span off. Matt took the flag comfortably.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well done Matt, great start to the season!

Were there any other 240s racing today?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
For those of us a little further away, what were the other cars in the fielding against the Zs ?

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Aside from Matt.
Paul Stafford and Clive Foskett ran in mid table.
Charles Barter wasnt running.

Cars in the field were MGBGT's, Lotus 7 and Europa, TVR, Ford RS2000, Morgan V8 (hehe) Lancia, Alfa, etc all were made to look pedestrian by our man

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry Sean did you miss the post that said

Cars in the field were MGBGT's, Lotus 7 and Europa, TVR, Ford RS2000, Morgan V8 (hehe) Lancia, Alfa

Or would you like engine numbers

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
You may notice from the qualifying and the Grid, that on pole was the Morgan V8 of Richard Thorne, Richard and his car had looked very strong in qualifying as over the winter there had been some serious engine work done, however the joy was short lived as thoughout the race the car and driver seemed to be having difficulties and were unable to finish.
Nearly 40 cars were in the line up and the series as a whole seems extreamly popular, why not come along and support our own house trained and tame racing drivers (Matt, Charles, Clive and Paul Stafford) at Cadwell Park on April 23rd.

racer

Club Member
Thanks guys, especially Mike, Lynford, Steve and John for coming along on such a crap day! your support is much appreciated. Hopefully I can carry on entertaining you all year!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Apologies Steve !

But, hey, THAT was a report - all that's needed is the results sheet..................

Seriously, I'd love to be there but can't so anyone who can report such as for each race is a great bloke (or girl ?).

Well done ALL the racers...............and the spectators.............and the long suffering, idiot supporting editor !

Don't worry about a report going up here that'll take the edge off anything in the mag - we're only 10 % of the club here !

ben240z

Club Member
well done to all of you. Hope to be able to get along to a couple of the rounds this year but I seem to have committed myself to a few weekends out already. cheers ben