Green

johnymd

Club Member
I need to get some paint for the green car so I've been looking at new car colour's as I drive around. Yesterday I spotted a green A class which looked very similar to the original Datsun colour the car was. What's do others think?

Attachments

• 2016-Mercedes-Benz-A-Class-Green-Color-Wallpaper.jpg
    2016-Mercedes-Benz-A-Class-Green-Color-Wallpaper.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 81

uk66fastback

Club Member
Can they not match the original colour or do you fancy something a bit 'sharper'? (Like the Merc colour) ...

Was the original metallic? I can't remember.

Found this UK one online. Not a fan of this green though ... (doesn't look like the original colour to my eyes)

ebay4606.jpg

I would go for the original green if you can but with as many cars as you have, you can do what you like!

Here's an original colour car ... looks great to me. It was a metallic paint originally so they say ...

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-5/

johnymd

Club Member
Here is the original colour and the picture is a pretty good representation of how it looks in real life. I did have some paint mixed but it came out a bit duller and I would prefer a little brighter.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.JPG
    IMG_1100.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 76

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I like it - my car was born that same metallic green as Asbojon's. I'd like to go back to it one day.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Personally I prefer cars to be painted in the original colour and as the value of the cars gets ever higher this becomes more and more important to would be buyers. Old school classic mentality. If you aren't worried about that aspect then go your own way.

Is that pic. you posted of the inside rear of your actual car ?
It looks more like a 260Z colour - 302 Green Leaf metallic than the 113 (Avocado) Green metallic of 240Z ?

uk66fastback

Club Member
Asbojohn's colour is superb! Achieved with a bit more metal flake so it 'pops' a bit more than the standard metallic ... Sounds good to me.

tel240z

Club Member
I need to get some paint for the green car so I've been looking at new car colour's as I drive around. Yesterday I spotted a green A class which looked very similar to the original Datsun colour the car was. What's do others think?

That's what i have just done John as in the orange i have just bought, i think its a great way to choose a color, i suppose it depends if your trying ti replicate the original but i'm not and like to do my own thing, i'm liking the Merc Green :cool:

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I've seen Asbojohn's car and it looks great. That merc green also looks like it could really pop on a Z and show off the cars lines a treat. I'd say go for whatever grabs you Johny, I don't reckon you're worried about it being a standard colour or how it'll affect the cars value, if at all. Do your own thing ;)

status

Well-Known Forum User
Do you remember the fern green ford done the 1600E in,that ain't bad but as long as it ain't bogey green then it should look good

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Oh - wait, I think my car must be that 302 green metallic leaf. Makes sense, being a '74 260z.
Looks great:
302GreenMetallic2.jpg

johnymd

Club Member
I do like the idea of keeping the car original but also like the way Asbojohn has "tweeked" the original colour to create a nicer colour. In the same way that I wanted to keep my blue zed blue but choose a slightly different Nissan colour which I preferred. When the A class caught my eye the green initially looked just as I remembered my green cars interior (as in the picture above) which to me makes the colour close enough to choose it.

supermik

Well-Known Forum User
I am a big fan of the green that is currently available on the "sshhh" Skoda Octavia Vrs "sshhh."
image.jpg

status

Well-Known Forum User
Think I agree with you there ukfastback,bit more depth in the colour as for the Skoda,bin there with the Scooby,no problem and with the Zed no problem also , but then they ain't standard Cars

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
The best green Z I have ever seen was the Fourways Engineering one it was stunning, sorry don't know what green it was & have no pics, it was on the front cover of one of the old Z club mags & I saw it in the flesh in the NEC. It was totally stunning. :bow:

status

Well-Known Forum User
My old 240 now owned and up for sale was a nice metallic green,not o dark or to light,at the end of the day gor for wot you like best Jon,it's your car so nothing else matters