Fuel tank capacity

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
My tanks got a small leak so I'm thinking of junking it and going for a fuel cell of some sort by I want to retain similar capacity of a stock tank. Does anybody know what the original tanks capacity is?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i would make sure you get a good spec fuel cell /alloy tank,ie baffled and i think you need a breather on it aswell otherwise you will get negative pressure in the tank as the fuel goes down and one that has fuel sender unit or one that you can fit a universal fuel sender as a universal unit about £30 should still run on the datsun fuel sender wiring ,mine did on the GTO replica.

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I was originally thinking of one of these

protanknearlydone.jpg

but it only holds 45 litres then started checking out ATL's website and will probably go with one of there Saver fuel cells which can come with anti surge foam and baffles etc and there a decent price.

884-ATL-SAVER-CELL.jpg

I'm thinking of removing the spare wheel well and mounting it under the floor but with a slight gap so I can connect the filler inlet to the original filler neck so you still fill it up from the normal location and I retain the standard boot space.