Enkei wheels - these worth anything

WazzaJB

Club Member
Hey all,

I've got some 14" Enkei wheels getting in my way and trying to have a bit of a sort out.

Sorry to be a pain, I don't know whether anyone has an idea of what these might be worth?

I've tried searching around but I feel hopeless when it comes to wheels, how do I identify what they are and work out a price?

Thank you :)

IMG_20190524_152152_231.jpg FB_IMG_1562078604646.jpg

WazzaJB

Club Member
They have a poor offset for the s30 chassis.

On a more positive note, Damn, your car has come a long way.:thumbs:
Cheers! I agree, really happy with it.

For a simpleton, what difference does the poor offset make? Are these wheels desirable at all for other cars or am I going to end up just giving them away?

Loagz

Forum User
They are Enkei 92's, commonly known as 'Enkei Mesh'
Enkei are a very good Japanese Wheel Manufacturer, famous for construction of low weight high strength wheels.

Enkei have recently restarted production of the 92 style again albeit in a limited selection of size's only.

Although I am unfamiliar with the market in your location a genuine vintage set of these in average usable condition would fetch around $800-1200 dollars here in NZ if that's a help with valuation. (Due to a high Japanese vehicle fleet here in NZ we have a sort of 'vintage JDM tax' creeping into our parts market where sellers price old Japanese auto parts for ridiculous amounts due to them being old and Japanese)

Offset, ( the relationship of the mounting datum in the centre to the overall inner and outer width of the rim barrel) A unsuitable offset could adversely affect the scrub radius, tyre slip angle & contact patch, clearances and geometry of suspension & steering components, guard and wheelhouse clearance, upright/hub and suspension loading, steering feedback & self centering or just the general look of the vehicle. Either looking as if the wheels/tyres poke out past the guards or give a anorexic type look tucking way under with a large gap between the guard lip and the face of the tyre.

WazzaJB

Club Member
They are Enkei 92's, commonly known as 'Enkei Mesh'
Enkei are a very good Japanese Wheel Manufacturer, famous for construction of low weight high strength wheels.

Enkei have recently restarted production of the 92 style again albeit in a limited selection of size's only.

Although I am unfamiliar with the market in your location a genuine vintage set of these in average usable condition would fetch around $800-1200 dollars here in NZ if that's a help with valuation. (Due to a high Japanese vehicle fleet here in NZ we have a sort of 'vintage JDM tax' creeping into our parts market where sellers price old Japanese auto parts for ridiculous amounts due to them being old and Japanese)

Offset, ( the relationship of the mounting datum in the centre to the overall inner and outer width of the rim barrel) A unsuitable offset could adversely affect the scrub radius, tyre slip angle & contact patch, clearances and geometry of suspension & steering components, guard and wheelhouse clearance, upright/hub and suspension loading, steering feedback & self centering or just the general look of the vehicle. Either looking as if the wheels/tyres poke out past the guards or give a anorexic type look tucking way under with a large gap between the guard lip and the face of the tyre.
Wow, thanks for the write-up!

I would be very happy with £400-£600 for these!

I'll found out the offset to go with the description :)

They look to be about £500 now they're being reproduced so would probably aim for £350'ish with mine? Are they worth more because they're original, surely it doesn't matter?

Thank you all so much :)

Loagz

Forum User
Wow, thanks for the write-up!

I would be very happy with £400-£600 for these!

I'll found out the offset to go with the description :)

They look to be about £500 now they're being reproduced so would probably aim for £350'ish with mine? Are they worth more because they're original, surely it doesn't matter?

Thank you all so much :)

Sweet As, No probs.
Yeh, I would like to think the vintage items are worth more than the new ones as of historic value I guess but ultimately something's usually only worth what others are willing to pay for it. Take the R32 GTR, around 6 years ago you could pick one up in NZ for $16k, now since the US market on them has opened up the asking.price has shot to around $40-60k !

Loagz

Forum User
That's what keeps those in marketing employed. Making you think or believe something is more desirable and so hence more valuable than it actually is...........
I have a sister in marketing, she basically gets payed to fool people.

WazzaJB

Club Member
A bit more information about the wheels.

Inner markings suggest offset is 15, and width I believe is 7.

I'm going to give them a proper clean and stick them on ebay if no one on the club wants them :)

IMG_20191106_131932.jpg IMG_20191106_131927.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
20180606_164314.jpg There are two other Enkei wheels like your's. I think your's may be the least desirable but still a 'period' design.

The one on the left is one of the four I have on my Samuri 15x8. The one on the right is my spare and is the type Paul S had on his 240Z - they are imitation 'split-rim' wheels (I have removed the nuts and bolts that don't serve a purpose).

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
View attachment 35594 There are two other Enkei wheels like your's. I think your's may be the least desirable but still a 'period' design.

The one on the left is one of the four I have on my Samuri 15x8. One one on the right is my spare and is the type Paul S had on his 240Z - they are imitation 'split-rim' wheels (I have removed the nuts and bolts that don't serve a purpose).
Rob, Least desirable because of the diameter?

Paul_S

Club Member
View attachment 35594 There are two other Enkei wheels like your's. I think your's may be the least desirable but still a 'period' design.

The one on the left is one of the four I have on my Samuri 15x8. One one on the right is my spare and is the type Paul S had on his 240Z - they are imitation 'split-rim' wheels (I have removed the nuts and bolts that don't serve a purpose).
As it happens I've got those 4 wheels sitting idle waiting for a new home but haven't got round to advertising them yet. I will get round to it!