door mirrors

FAST EDDIE

Well-Known Forum User
i have no mirrors fitted to the z and worry every time i reverse out of the lock up, was thinking about fitting some bullet mirrors or do you chaps have any better ideas?:confused:
cheers Edd.:)

Trick is to reverse into the garage !

That way you don't need them when you drive out ;)

I e-mailed the guy for you and the top half of the mirror is stainless steel with the bottom part that bolts to the car being made of chromed alloy.

Rob

Sean im sure there was a thread about chrome paint as somebody had there 260 rear light surrounds done and im sure they had a good guarantee on them time wise ???

Europa Spares do a great set in polished Stainless Steel which looks very period, is a sort of Rectangular with radiused edges, very similar to the standard 280ZX ones, and what's more, you can really see the important stuff on both sides for lane changes, etc.
The part Nos are M68990/68991.

The bullet type ones are practically useless for a decent rear view and from past experience, pretty dangerous on a busy Motorway.

Maybe but :

1) a rear plate light isn't exposed to grit, flies and other projectiles
2) we've never had a return after that paint was applied

Btw - what colour code orange paint did you use ?

its my own mix, started off with ford signal yellow and then reded it up till i liked it.

i suppose you may have a point about things hitting the mirrors that could chip the paint

Back