Distributor *base* gasket?

Robotsan

Club Member
Hi all,

I've been working on the dizzy, and have taken the base off too to clean it up and re-fit. The old gasket looked in a poor state so I removed it, before realising I don't have that gasket.

It would be this one that fits between this part and the base part which has the arm on it where the dizzy adjuster screw is.

I can't for the life of me find it online - possibly because I don't know what it's called.

Should I just use RTV?

PXL_20230525_175517445.jpg

Hi all,

I've been working on the dizzy, and have taken the base off too to clean it up and re-fit. The old gasket looked in a poor state so I removed it, before realising I don't have that gasket.

It would be this one that fits between this part and the base part which has the arm on it where the dizzy adjuster screw is.

I can't for the life of me find it online - possibly because I don't know what it's called.

Should I just use RTV?

View attachment 58225
Rockauto do different sets of engine gaskets and some of the sets have the dizzy gasket, some don't.

Pretty sure I've heard felpro is a good brand to get? You could get the whole engine set and then you're ready for future plans?

Rockauto do different sets of engine gaskets and some of the sets have the dizzy gasket, some don't.

Pretty sure I've heard felpro is a good brand to get? You could get the whole engine set and then you're ready for future plans?

I had considered that. Was looking at a full gasket set on z-services.eu but it's £150. Apparently it's better quality than the US made stuff.. but then they would say that wouldn't they!

I'll have a look at Rockauto and if a set is cheap enough I'll consider it.

Back