Cheshire Classics 240

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ok I might be seen as critical of adverts but 21k miles?

Again I understand this to be a lovely car.

I'm guessing at least £30k

richiep

Club Member
Another LHD conversion.

Enkei wheels ?

It says a spare set of Enkeis. Those on it are JBWs.

What makes you say LHD conversion? I genuinely don't know in this case. It looks all present and correct as a UK-spec car in cosmetic terms. It did have its engine bay fully refurbed though due to a carb fire a couple of years ago. As Rob's link highlights, it is Barrie "Whizzo" Williams' car.

https://www.facebook.com/BarrieWilliamsRacingDriver

I've met him a couple of times at Oulton Park Gold Cup. He's quite partial to my car actually! :bow:

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Ok I might be seen as critical of adverts but 21k miles?

Again I understand this to be a lovely car.

I'm guessing at least £30k

Add £10k....

I would prefer to spend my money on Rahail's I think, not that I have seen either in person. If I was looking at that price of car I would certainly be viewing both before parting with my cash.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Asking prices really have gone 'through the roof'.

Interest in them has increased a great deal too. I often get calls from people wanting to buy S30s and just lately the calls have increased significantly. I'm sure recent TV shows have woken people up to these cars and Quentin Wilson's suggestion that they are good investments got people thinking about Datsuns that would otherwise pass them by.

It just shows the power of marketing.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

Influence of the media.

The fact has been there for some time that they are under-valued and the difference between them and other contempories has only grown to the point where it is flagrant that they are bargains - the media only ever tell us what we already know, we thank them for it and they smugly consider themselves experts.

A necessary ev*l.:(

Geoff-R

Club Member
This is the one in the recent Hagerty buyer's guide video isn't it? Haven't got the YouTube link to hand but pretty sure it is.

Jellyfishfields

Forum User
Asking prices really have gone 'through the roof'.

Interest in them has increased a great deal too. I often get calls from people wanting to buy S30s and just lately the calls have increased significantly. I'm sure recent TV shows have woken people up to these cars and Quentin Wilson's suggestion that they are good investments got people thinking about Datsuns that would otherwise pass them by.

I've never seen the Quentin Wilson thing, but wouldn't he put most people off?

The whole classic car market seems overheated at the moment, I'm also on the lookout for a 240z but not interested at the latest round of asking prices. Think I'll just back off a bit and see what happens.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm also on the lookout for a 240z but not interested at the latest round of asking prices. Think I'll just back off a bit and see what happens.

Z prices won't reduce - too much demand and not enough over here...and the best source has become expensive to buy and the $exchange doesn't help either.

johnymd

Club Member
I think they are way overpriced and everyone should stop buying until the price reduces............or at least until I've got a large enough collection :)

bluejon

Club Member
What you can see on the Cheshire Classic Cars site is that the cars are in descending order of price, including the £POAs. On that basis, i suspect they are looking for £40k for this car. Thou could buy two dry 240z's for that I think, even three !!