Calling all 'bikers'

Ian

Club Member
Thats really lovely, would love it.

No idea what values will do on these, never really followed the market on any bikes.

At £8k that was cheap. Normal market price would be around £11k. However it did look like it had lots of surface corrosion, from what I could see.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
At £7850 I registered to bid and would have gone to £8k. Then someone bid £7950 so the next bid was £8050 and I thought 'be careful' there are some at dealers for £9k so I switched off the PC. If I had more warning and gone to view it, plus a response from two people I asked about values I'd have been in a better position to judge.

I wasn't after one it just came in an email from Car and Classic with some cars.

Nothing lost but nothing gained.

Wyn

Club Member
fwiw, Yamaha RD350lc are now making silly money if you wanted a quick turn around
8k plus for a minta now.
Last one I sold time back was £350 and I thought I was on a winner back then lol. gutted
RG500 even better if you have spare £15k plus now. Sold my last one for around 3k and couldn't wait to get rid !
Hindsight if only !

At £7850 I registered to bid and would have gone to £8k. Then someone bid £7950 so the next bid was £8050 and I thought 'be careful' there are some at dealers for £9k so I switched off the PC. If I had more warning and gone to view it, plus a response from two people I asked about values I'd have been in a better position to judge.

I wasn't after one it just came in an email from Car and Classic with some cars.

Nothing lost but nothing gained.

there's one at £9k with 8000 miles.

fwiw, Yamaha RD350lc are now making silly money if you wanted a quick turn around
8k plus for a minta now.
Last one I sold time back was £350 and I thought I was on a winner back then lol. gutted
RG500 even better if you have spare £15k plus now. Sold my last one for around 3k and couldn't wait to get rid !
Hindsight if only !

I sold an rg500 for £4k once. about twice what its worth, they were rubbish then, more so now.

The sp1, thats a bit of HRC history, mega bikes.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I can’t believe what some of these old Jap bikes go for now. A mate of mine had a GT550 in the early 80s and you couldn’t get anything for them really … I should have paid the money for the KH500 I saw once or the Z900 - my favourite bike of all time in dark green with gold pinstripes and spoke wheels … the bollox. I think the Z was £395 or something.