Cali Z's in peril ... Oroville Dam

bluejon

Club Member
Looking at the news, twitter etc. it looks like some dry Cali Zs might be about to get the biggest wash of their lives as Oroville Dam teeters on the edge. :eek:

hope SacCyclones Zs are on high ground nr Sacramento? And all the people in the vicinity of course :thumbs:

SacCyclone

Club Member
I have pulled a couple Zeds out of the Oroville and Marysville area too.

Yes, if it goes it will be bad. As of late last night the dam water level was down below the emergency dam so that water is now contained and not tearing away at the overflow dam.

Problem is that starting on Thursday, we have forecast for 8 straight days of rain and heavy at times. The dam may be in pearl again next week. wait and see.

I am good here on the east side foothills of Sacramento, may be some levy breaks downtown Sacramento
and local flooding during the next storm as all the dam storage is full and releases will be epic next week.

Stay tuned.

Jon_Flynn

Club Member
Fingers crossed everything is ok - although it sounds like you have your priorities straight if you are already moving out the Z's!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I have pulled a couple Zeds out of the Oroville and Marysville area too.

Yes, if it goes it will be bad. As of late last night the dam water level was down below the emergency dam so that water is now contained and not tearing away at the overflow dam.

Problem is that starting on Thursday, we have forecast for 8 straight days of rain and heavy at times. The dam may be in pearl again next week. wait and see.

I am good here on the east side foothills of Sacramento, may be some levy breaks downtown Sacramento
and local flooding during the next storm as all the dam storage is full and releases will be epic next week.

Stay tuned.
Must be a real worry for you. Wishing you all the best. Hope things work out and you stay safe along with all the other folk over there.