Big interclub Southern, Western and Welsh meet at Haynes Motor Museum - 1st September

funkysi

Well-Known Forum User
Originally started this over on 300zx.co.uk, it's since been migrated onto zxclub.net and I'll be posting on the 350z club forum.

This was posted yesterday evening and we already have a nice collection of attendees who've put their names down.

Haynes Motor Museum is an awesome place. We had a Z meet there about 6 or 7 years ago and people came from Wales, Devon, Cornwall, the south coast. I think it's high time another large gathering was organised for those that either don't want to make the drive up to northern wherever to where most of the large shows are and fancy something a little different.

Welcome to HIMM

There are some awesome cars here and it really is a great day out and not expensive. If anyone isn't aware of this place, then I'd be surprised. It's owned by John Haynes who started the Haynes Manuals and is one of the largest car collections in the UK. Entrance is only a tenner, so it isn't going to break anyone's bank. There are cars from all walks of life from classics to super cars, even a few chavy modified things that they built with Lax Power, so if you're into your filler and fibreglass, you can get your fix here too! :)

Sunday September 1st is actually the 'rare breeds event' and it certainly would be good to bring some Z-carsto the mix and maybe if the 350z club or Zclub want to join in, that would be awesome.

Rare Breeds Car Show

CruisetotheHaynesMotorMuseum200942.jpg

A chance for members down that way to have a meet down that way and get to meet up with other Z enthusiasts to meet up in your neck of the woods

Il be there, the beaulieu meet was a fantastic turnout. If there's any 240/260s going my mrs wants to sit in one please.

Yup, never enough things down this neck of the woods.

Have 10 names now. So it's not too bad.

I was at Beaulieu in my 260 and it was a great day. Put my name down!

z32bolt, your mrs is welcome to have a sit in mine, its only rusty on the outside!

Funkysi
Hellraiser
GregT
Rob Hughes
J10KY
Yowser
z32bolt
wchestnutt
zairs
sdriver73
Russell

Jimmer (maybe)

Nice list of names now!

Hoping to be there this year but not with the Z as it is still in bits so will have to take my daughters formula 1300 clubmans car

Not much info on the Haynes website, do we just park in the car park and pay to get in or is there a stand of some sort we have?

Ok, some interesting developments. I have phoned Haynes Motor Museum and spoke to a very nice lady called Caroline who was keen to know of our little gathering and would like to arrange a little club stand for the Z Cars that be turning up.

What they do at the 'rare breeds event' is they set it up on their own race track. Caroline was very welcoming regarding the Z Cars, but what I now need is a list ofddefinites who will be bringing thekr Z Cars as she wants to issue wrist bands and assign us an area on the track.

There is no cost associated with the event, only the cost of entry to the museum should you want to.

We need to be on site by 10, so we kinda need to leave Podimore Services around 9.45.

Still meet up the same, those wishing to enter their Z in the show will just check in with the marshals there. Anyone without a Z can jump in with someone with a Z and leave their car in the main car park.

Need as much detail as possible for thosr with Z cars. Full names and year of your Z.

Stick me down as a definite.

I'm sure my car will survive the 2 1/2 hour drive without blowing up!

Mine is a Dark Blue 260Z 2+2 1975 and I will bring my daughter along with me.

Full name is Russell Vodden

Thanks Russell!

I'm just sending Carolina a list of attendees who are turning up with Z cars. Also, I'll leave my mobile number here just in case and also for the meet up on the day at Podimore Services on the A303 (aim to meet there about 9.00am - 9.15 and aim to leave about 9.45 at the latest).

Simon Parson - 07510169836

This is going to be a fun event! Just found out that all drivers of entered cars get free admission to the museum, there are various cruises, a parade lap on their track, various show and shine competitions and John Haynes is doing an awards ceremony at about 4. Over 100 cars going and the weather looks dry! :)

Back