Auctions are on fire in July

richiep

Club Member

richiep

Club Member
He's a forum member (although participates little now). He is restoring and selling Zs under the business name MZR Roadsports now. Based in Bradford.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I was in tears reading that ...no, really. :)

JD Classics have had this since I was looking for one nearly 18 months ago. It was POA on their website. I enquired and got a reply that offers in the region of £49,750 would be entertained. For a LHD car!

Then I am sure I was on here and some guy said he had owned it in the UK and it was no way as original as they had painted it and he had had it up for sale for £12k or something and had no takers and sold it for £11k or something ... (maybe to JD).

The original JD ad said the whole car was original when it quite plainly isn't. Thos far more knowledgeable on these things than me pointed out all sorts of anomalies (might have been Albrecht) ...

Anyway, there's no doubt it is a nice-looking car. Should it not have the earlier side badges and the demisters on the hatch though as it is a J reg - so early '71? Again, looking for those who know more than me to chip in. Presumably the VIN dates it as early 71 not late 71 (K reg)

Early Zs are getting more popular by the day but I see a number of cars for sale where people are in my opinion, trying to get back their restoration costs (and then some) ...

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Nice story I penned there ;) glad you enjoyed it.

I have said it before and as Mustang Sally 66 mentioned above, yes, this was a car I imported and sold 2 years ago at same Silverstone Classics Auction July 2014 for around £12k inc. buyers premium.

Shortly afterwards appeared on JD Classics site as POA and has been actively marketed for sale more or less permanently since with no success due to unrealistic price expectation of flipper/seller starting at £50k :rofl and reduced in phases to £29k last time I saw it advertised.

Whilst the car has reputedly done 56k miles from new and was in mostly original paint, in the interests of balanced reporting, I know for a fact it does not run the original engine but a replacement L24 that has done around 80k miles reputedly. Would be buyers should check the engine id tag with the number on the block ;)

Based on actual selling prices I have actually achieved on a couple of similar condition lhd cars over the last few weeks it is worth around £20k imo. Interesting to see where price gets to on this car and Rahail green restored car. There has been a noticeable increase in interest from overseas buyers in general on classics this week since Brexit as they sense an opportunity for bargain buys now the weak GBP in effect gives them an extra 10% discount.

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Hot on the heels of the Sam at Barons, is another good looking car up for auction at the Silverstone Classic

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1973-datsun-240z-works-rally-replica

That's my old white one

Oh and Paul's after too :thumbs:

Just shown my wife and she said how much is it, daren't tell her

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
That's my old white one

Oh and Paul's after too :thumbs:

Just shown my wife and she said how much is it, daren't tell her

By the look of that pic the Porsche & the 240 must have had new roof skins fitted :lol:

Seriously though when I saw the reg no GPX it rang a bell with me, was it not featured in a car mag many years ago ?

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
By the look of that pic the Porsche & the 240 must have had new roof skins fitted :lol:

Seriously though when I saw the reg no GPX it rang a bell with me, was it not featured in a car mag many years ago ?

Haha maybe Steve can turn it the right way up!

It wasn't featured when I had it, maybe when Paul bought it from me? ( Status ) :driving: