Another keenly priced 240z....

It's a good job they're not asking for the price on the licence plate.

That's about £570k I think! :rofl:

It is RHD thought :rofl: would love to see some detailed pictures of underneath it ,

it seems you only need a few cars on ebay to sell at a high price, a few magazines to feature them and also write about them being the next classic to go up in value and all sorts of cars come out of the woodwork for sale,

I'm not saying that all of them are bad though. but there has been a few basket cases on ebay for sale trying there luck,

I watched the same thing happen in the VW scene and with early Porsche's, it does push up prices of good cars though which is a good thing or a bad thing depending if you have one or are looking for one

Over top dough and no description to back up the price

Deserves to have it gets rammed up his date with the doors open...Metaphorically speaking of course

Hope it sells! Would do well for our market price :)

Although to reference Atomman, that depends whether you are buying or selling. I'm all for good cars commanding good money. But we are definitely starting to see some overpriced **** circulating...

That car in the OP's post doesn't look all that TBH for the money. Aside from inadequate photos and zero detail, what you can see in the photos looks a little bit rough around the edges (see the tatty rear hatch seal for example). Needs and engine bay pic. Wheels suck totally too IMO! :ack:

Agree with you Rich on both posts, however I couldn't say for certain that the 240 up for £22k isn't worth it. The tatty rear hatch seals are the only tatty thing I can see from those bad quality pics. The wheels aren't to my taste but they're easily exchangeable. It needs more photos and ones that aren't taken with a potato ;)

The thing is that the red one is a RHD UK car in a UK market so will most likely command more money because of that, whether it can command 22k is another question..

Whilst the white one up for 13k is good value, it's also LHD and automatic rather than manual - that's me assuming most would want a manual though.

This is much more like it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Dats...4148430?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4add8655ce

Looks very good value considering condition in and out.

I'm sure I've seen this advert before, I can remember the conversion details. Looks a great car (for driving around the US ;) ).

I agree the car that was featured at the start of this Thread is not advertised properly at all. No description, no interior pics, no engine bay pics, no open hatch pics etc etc. I watched the video - it is basically zooming in and out of the exterior, Surely a video should show the engine running and the car moving?

Whilst the white one up for 13k is good value, it's also LHD and automatic rather than manual - that's me assuming most would want a manual though.

Changing the slush box for a manual is easy-peasy and at 13k, including a RHD conversion, by the time you get anywhere near 22K, I reckon you'd have a far better car that the red one (read "one with far less rot").

I could be wrong about the red car of course - its difficult to tell from such limited, poor pics - but I suspect I'm not. I'll defer to anyone who has actually seen it or knows it...

Just a matter of opinion, but if I was to buy that white 240Z (looks A1) I'd leave it as it is and see how I got on with it.

You could spend a lot of time and money instead of driving the few miles most of us do in Zs!

I'd actually be inclined to do the same Rob, slush-matic excepted. And get rid of the emissions ****, and the 3.3 diff, and .... Oops. :devil:

All of which is why, should I buy a Cali Z for the next project, it would have to be a rougher project car that I wouldn't feel bad about modifying to my heart's content...

The "slush box" works very well as it's had a rebuild, it would and could have a manual conversion yet but there are people out there who need Automatics so we've left it alone for the time being. It does drive and go well + it's original!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Phil about the derogatory term for the auto! It's very much a case of personal taste coming through there! It's a very nice looking car and I can see why you've not messed with it - I wouldn't either in reality.

Sorry Phil about the derogatory term for the auto! It's very much a case of personal taste coming through there! It's a very nice looking car and I can see why you've not messed with it - I wouldn't either in reality.

Creep :rofl:

Back