77 260z twin turbo 1jz-gte engine

given the choice i would pick the blue one :bow: all day long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear God...

What is going on with those arches?

:ack:

Poor thing needs to be taken out and shot to put it out of its misery - or have a date at dawn with pmac's angle grinder!

Odd way to do a resto, fit a performance engine from a different manufacturer get it running and then fix the body work/paint etc, god knows what gremilins are hidden by the engine, frame rails, bulk head...........

Those arches look like some demonic coupling of a Mazda RX8 and an Overfinch landrover

The arches are not really in line with the curvy almost feminine aesthetic of the Z. As a designer, I'd have to say, the kindest thing I can say about it is 'It's sh*t'. Too many replacement panels needed (although there did look like there was some decent panels too). Let Pete loose on it with his 'truth and justice' cutter.

Thanks for the heads up.

No time or money for the Celica at present - haven't looked at the thing for a while now, it's tucked away in a garage around the corner.

As a shell, the ebay car looks to have similar issues to mine, mainly around the front and rear screen pillars. This is a common issue which is a shame because they are not subject to the sort of chassis rot you find on S30's in this country.

Maybe Throttleton can make me some nice quality FG panels for it..............one day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back