'71 240z in Rutland

Yes, Gary, it's currently getting some TLC in the garage, and maybe a little extra piff ;)

Yes, Gary, it's currently getting some TLC in the garage, and maybe a little extra piff ;)

A turbo? :D As for that 240z imo its better in every way to an E type Jag and try and get one of them in mint condition in the price of the above Z.:)

Not a turbo, something more age appropriate for a 240 ;)

Like the E Type comparison, but unfortunately I think you're swimming against the tide with that one Gary.

The cam box writing, dipstick, roll-cage and rear sturt brace are a bit 'girly'.

The hatch hinges are rusting, the rear bumper rubber is pushing off, the C pillar badges have paint peeling.

The seats are swaps and that rear spoiler looks 'silly'.

Finally, I personally could not drive seriously with a goad in my left hand.

Aint 'worth' £38k - late 20s maybe.

Whatever happened to people saying only stock Zs were worth serious money ?

I like the Porsche seats, but surely for 45k it should be original, and goad is far too nice a word for that gearstick...
Wheels look awful too in my opinion.

I've seen the car and it's one of the cheapest in the showroom. Yes expensive I agree but you have to start somewhere with the price.

Rear spoiler - yes big but I've read an American book that stated they tested various designs and this style was the best for downforce. My old car got fitted with one too.

Attachments

• photo 3 (2).JPG
    photo 3 (2).JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 20
Sean

My tongue was well within cheek at the 38k.........

However, as no doubt the shop has big windows, I fear some poor innocent may well be encouraged to part with an indiscreet sum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 'cheapest' please - least expensive - it's in the perception.;)

The same article reccommended a Spook front spoiler to avoid lift - the Z in question doesn't have it and a rear (what seems to be Euro) spoiler was the best compromise for good downforce and fuel consumption.

....at least a Z is being displayed in a recongised classic car showroom - much as red7 mentioned whilst at the NEC - a few years back, people would turn around and look down their noses at Zs, now - it's different !:)

I know the owner, he has some lovely cars (including Porsche Mike), his brother is a Z Club member and he's a gentlemen.

Yes it's a high asking price but nobody is forcing anyone to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back