2nd Swapmeet.

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Just arrived back from "Derek Sulley's" very successful 2nd Swapmeet.
Those who didnt make it missed out on a great informal bbq evening, and full english breakfast this morning (Sunday), loads of booZe, teas/coffees, fresh salad, jacket spudZ, and a real good laugh,
and guess who one best 240z, yeh little ol me!
Don.

Zbirdy said:
and guess who one best 240z, yeh little ol me!
Don.

Don't forget to drop the fiver in the post ;)

I'm still shocked that there wasn't a category for best, slightly grubby BMW estate, I feel ROBBED!!!

Cheers,
Rob

Hi B Bug, I'm still surprised you dared to turn up in it let alone park in the line up!
I suppose you did have the decency to park 'nose in'
On the other hand at least you came all that way
You did win the booby prize which was a small naked rubber doll with propper boobs but they forgot to call your name. I'll send it on to you.

great weekend Derek, well organized thanks very much.

Don, thanks for the food, it went down a treat and well done for the best 240z!

it was a shame more traders wern't there( they lost out) still it was nice to see a good selection of z's in the line up, some very nice z 32's!

oh, and who spiked my drinks sat night?:eek:

thanks derek for a great weekend
don great food , cheerz and congrats on trophy
grolls cheerz cheerz and cheerz , i think you should blame morrison's for the spike
glad you ok now .

ooh and derek great use of booby prise , for a parking violation

Derek Sulley said:
You did win the booby prize which was a small naked rubber doll with propper boobs but they forgot to call your name. I'll send it on to you.

I love this club, if only I'd been able to wait another few minutes ;)

Next year I'll be in the Z, I mean what else can be left to redesign/rebuild on it by then?!!! Uh oh, stupid question alert ;)

Good to meet so many of you anyway and see some very loverly motors!

Cheers,
Rob

Black-bug has got a Z, He did'nt bring it cause he thought I'd nick his Wheel's!
Where was Wally? bleedin Canadian, Mountain-beering Molsonating bloke?
Swapmeet Two, progressing on from last year ,in a word Tops.
A big salute to all there,& behind the scene's( & behind the hedges).
Thank's Derek.
P.s Bee-Gee Vinz has got me buying roll's of kitchen foil to cover large area's
of my Z ( tailgate,Front windscreen etc.)
Very enjoyable..............................DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

one of the best weekend's i have had with the Zclub,thanks to derek and don and everyone that made the effort to come to Swap-meet.a very good mix of cars ,only a Z31 was missing from the lineup.

Yep, If other meetings are like this one, this club can go on to be the dogs B******** of all car clubs. With or without full committee support!!!!!!!!!! Listen up you absentees!!!!

Black bug, we did vote for your Beemer mate, so we'll call it quits. Sorry you missed your BOOBY prize, she was a cracker. Had I not brought young zbirdy, she was gonna be in my tent. OOOOOOhhh. Someone had a good night, better than all those doggin sites on the web.

As discussed during the evening, there seems to be some new enthusiasm abound, new members with new ideas. The two jags, Sorry, The two Steves brought some really valuable insights into the way the club and the committee process works or does not work, and I think these discussions must not lose momentum. Every single committee member should have put something into this meeting, I wager there are one or two that didnt even give it a thought, or new it was on.
I for one, would have liked to see our club shop on site, WHERE WAS IT ???
On the other side of the fence, was the likes of Mr Sulley, Grolls, and I, to name just 3, all relatively new members all contributing our own money and time to this event, and in the face of against most odds, pulled off a fantastic do.
I HOPE WE HAVE SOME FEEDBACK FROM OUR CHAIRMAN, DID YOU KNOW SIR, WE ALSO SIGNED UP SEVERAL NEW MEMBERS.
Thanks everyone.
PS, Ask me to withdraw this post and I will cancel my membership and buy a reliant robin estate.
Don.

Sorry everyone, I was knackered when I finished unloading last night, I fully intended to post up the awards, saw Black Bugs post and gave him his then fell asleep at the computer, woke up at 3am & went to bed. (The 'pooter put itself to bed ages b4 that)

Here we go -

Best 240Z Don WYATT (Zbirdy)
Best 260Z Ian KITTO
Best 260Z 2+2 Chris SUTTON
Best 280ZX John PEEK
Best 300ZX (Z32) Dean KERSHAW
Best 350Z Paul VARGA

BEST IN SHOW Vince PYKETT 300ZXTT

The votes were cast by all the drivers who obviously recognise top quality cars so you can all be very proud of your awards.
All the cars were magnificently turned out and a credit to their drivers. Well done everyone and thanks for coming.

Thanks for the info DJ, Ive seen that one, once owned by a market trader from Peckham I believe. they carted it off to Beauliue motor museum.
Don.

Great day, me and nickknox jr enjoyed ourselves. It was great to put faces to the names you see daily on the site. I can safely say not one of look like i imagined you to look like. Next year i'll polish the 350 before i come up, slightly imbarressed by the state of it next to some of the z's there.

Grolls, as I remember it was you spiking Merlins drink (most of the night) and the dog was still standing long after you passed out!

Also wanted to give my thanks to all those who took the effort to arrange the meet. Although i have been in the club for around a year it was my first outing etc and i very much enjoyed it. Thought it was a good venue and looking forward to the next one. As a "Northern Wimp" particularly enjoyed the sight of Grolls sleeping (like a baby) by the fire, then sloping off to bed (bless him)!!
Enjoyed meeting you all.
What an achievement.. winning best 260 2+2 on my first outing..
mind you i would have been gutted if i hadnt seeing as mine was the only one there!
Thanks again, Chris.

Hey all ! It was great to finally put faces to names etc ! I had a great time aside from discovering me tummy can't handle the "grappa" :D Thanks all the same Groll's ! Really hated to leave so early but as they say, thats life ,:( Defoe be back for the next one and missing Merlin, the baileys luvin pup. :eek:

Big thanks to Derek, Zbirdy, Completewally and Grolls for the work and effort they put in to ensure the meet was a great sucess

Big thanks to grolls's for his stange dance just before he went to bed,
one of the funniest way to walk in a straight line I have ever seen.

Thanks again Guys one of the best events I have been to.

STEVE BURNS said:
Big thanks to grolls's for his stange dance just before he went to bed,
one of the funniest way to walk in a straight line I have ever seen.

the walk was a put on, honest! it had nothing to do with the six cans of beer, half a bottle of scotch, a few glasses of the home distilled grappa and a few cans of lager!:D

THANK GOD FOR NEUROFEN!:eek:

Back