280z front sits high on Eibachs

windjammer

New Forum User
Hello, new member, just picked up a 280z after searching for a well priced example for years.

Car seems to have been fitted with Eibach lowering springs. Front sits a good 1" higher than rears.
Will likely get to BC coilovers eventually, but in the meantime - have been reading that swapping in 240z front shock isolators could help me with the front drop, anyone got thoughts? Cheers

IMG_3006.jpg

Mark N

Club Member
The front isolators of the 240z, 260z and 280z are all the same size.
It is the rear 280z isolators that are around 17mm taller than the rest.
The swap only works on lowering the rear of a 280z.
I'm not sure if the isolators can be fitted on the wrong axles, but it might be something worth checking.

Last edited:

status

Well-Known Forum User
If you’ve only just fitted them they sometimes need a few hundred miles or more to settle,

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Might be worth loosening the bushes in the front suspension with the car on its wheels. If its got new standard style bushes that were tightened up with suspension on full droop they could be holding it up.

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Might be worth loosening the bushes in the front suspension with the car on its wheels. If its got new standard style bushes that were tightened up with suspension on full droop they could be holding it up.
Must try that on mine then, as mine is doing exactly the same.

windjammer

New Forum User
Nice, will try that. They have been fitted for a while by previous owner I believe.
Though am tempted to bypass and move straight to BC's..

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Nice, will try that. They have been fitted for a while by previous owner I believe.
Though am tempted to bypass and move straight to BC's..
Lots of people do that. My opinion is you can't appreciate what the car used to be like before fitting a nice upgrade like that.