260z missed auction

I've seen the car, went to the auction.

I would have given £15k for it. It was a non-running car with no clutch/brakes and had been resprayed. There were some minor body issues but it was very very sound and all there.

I've seen the car, went to the auction.

I would have given £15k for it. It was a non-running car with no clutch/brakes and had been resprayed. There were some minor body issues but it was very very sound and all there.

£10k over estimation and then charges and VAT on top ?:eek:

£10k over estimation and then charges and VAT on top ?:eek:

Sean, I think all charges were included?

It was a rare car however it needed money spending on it to fully bring it up to top spec. (another respray) however I could probably have got it running and MoT'd for very little.

Still though a respray and the rest....on top of £25k is serious 240Z money already !

Which is what I thought. However in it's favour it was like my 240Z, nothing to buy and no welding needed (or done). For a collector it would make a great car.

nothing to buy and no welding needed (or done). For a collector it would make a great car.

I think the price obtained is great (for the seller but also for our cars.

Not much to buy then - clutch etc but do collectors buy cars needed repainting ?

I think the price obtained is great (for the seller but also for our cars.

Not much to buy then - clutch etc but do collectors buy cars needed repainting ?

Where else would a collector find anything like this ? A very rare find indeed & its a desirable late 260Z in my favourite 260 colour. Should be one of the nicest Z's around once sorted.

I'm not knocking it - just pleasantly surprised at the price it fetched.

I wonder what the new owner will do with it and whether they're a speculator or true Z fan ?

I'm not knocking it - just pleasantly surprised at the price it fetched.

Not everyone wants a 240z.:rolleyes: they are common as when you compare them to late 260's especially when you take into account the recent influx of LHD 240's..maybe the owner already has a 240 and wanted something better? :smash::devil::p

Hope the aforementioned car is seen out and about at shows and not tucked away for investment gains etc.

Some of you should try a 260Z, they are as good if not better than 240Z's, don't get why people are so hung up on 240Z's, is it just because they are worth more?

Back