260Z lower front valance/lip

bobzilla7

Club Member
Me again! Sorry. newbie.

I love the minimal look at the lower front end, under the bumper.

z2.jpg

But mine has this on...

IMG_7816.jpg

Is it possible to interchange and how easy is it?

Links if possible please to any parts required.

Robotsan

Club Member
Me again! Sorry. newbie.

I love the minimal look at the lower front end, under the bumper.

View attachment 62342

But mine has this on...

View attachment 62343

Is it possible to interchange and how easy is it?

Links if possible please to any parts required.

I think you'll need an original metal valance to replace that air dam. Not sure anywhere supplies them new, but bound to be someone on this site with one, because a lot of people do the opposite of what you're doing :)

Also it should be a simple bolt off, bolt on job.

Have you seen the subtle chin lip spoilers that attach onto the original valance? I think it's a nice balance between the two.

1000043000.jpg

Last edited:

richiep

Club Member
The original style three-piece metal valance parts can be bought new.

There are more subtle lips that can be attached to that, as Robotsan notes.

The airdam you have presently is a very common bolt-on, alongside the so-called "Devil Z" version (similar to yours but without any brake cooling vents - gets the name from the famous car in the Wangan Midnight manga).

bobzilla7

Club Member
I think you'll need an original metal valance to replace that air dam. Not sure anywhere supplies them new, but bound to be someone on this site with one, because a lot of people do the opposite of what you're doing :)

Also it should be a simple bolt off, bolt on job.

Have you seen the subtle chin lip spoilers that attach onto the original valance? I think it's a nice balance between the two.

View attachment 62429
Yes, that looks like a great compromise.

Robotsan

Club Member
Yes, that looks like a great compromise.

DS Composites do them for £80 or £90 - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=142969548507462&set=pb.100083832527492.-2207520000&type=3

But as mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he's running a bit behind and seems to be taking a while to get peoples' parts out, so ask him for a realistic ETA if you do buy.

This guy in France does them too, but a bit pricier plus there's the higher shipping cost: https://www.facebook.com/Classiccomposites

bobzilla7

Club Member
DS Composites do them for £80 or £90 - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=142969548507462&set=pb.100083832527492.-2207520000&type=3

But as mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he's running a bit behind and seems to be taking a while to get peoples' parts out, so ask him for a realistic ETA if you do buy.

This guy in France does them too, but a bit pricier plus there's the higher shipping cost: https://www.facebook.com/Classiccomposites
Cool. Thanks. I'll get in touch with them. That's a much better price.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Maybe put a wanted ad in the relevant section on here - there’ll be the right bits lurking on a shelf somewhere I’m sure. Nice if they were metal as well …

Minksport

Club Member
I have this fibreglass replica of the original valance and rubber lip spoiler

Attachments

• IMG_20220112_104904.jpg
    IMG_20220112_104904.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220112_104923.jpg
    IMG_20220112_104923.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230113_133630.jpg
    IMG_20230113_133630.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230113_133644.jpg
    IMG_20230113_133644.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220112_104933.jpg
    IMG_20220112_104933.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 22

Makesy

Club Member
The various Datsun FB groups give me a migraine - hurts thinking down to the level of discourse seen on there!
On the one hand I enjoy the breadth of projects (thinking about Jakub Nurzaj's turbo L series monster, and some of the cool restorations Romas has whipped up), and some of the innovative modern solutions for historic problems (such as VW heater valve replacement, and some of the seal alternatives etc).

On the other hand there is so much dross - arguments over if something is a "Series 1" or not, scalding people for not checking user manuals, or just general arguments over minutiae detail, it really makes me question if I should close my FB account sometimes

richiep

Club Member
On the one hand I enjoy the breadth of projects (thinking about Jakub Nurzaj's turbo L series monster, and some of the cool restorations Romas has whipped up), and some of the innovative modern solutions for historic problems (such as VW heater valve replacement, and some of the seal alternatives etc).

On the other hand there is so much dross - arguments over if something is a "Series 1" or not, scalding people for not checking user manuals, or just general arguments over minutiae detail, it really makes me question if I should close my FB account sometimes
Agree with regard to Jakub and Romas, etc. It's just the amount of ignorant bullsh#t from the peanut gallery on there. People commenting, sometimes giving advice, with clearly no idea WTF they are talking about.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The original style three-piece metal valance parts can be bought new.

There are more subtle lips that can be attached to that, as Robotsan notes.

The airdam you have presently is a very common bolt-on, alongside the so-called "Devil Z" version (similar to yours but without any brake cooling vents - gets the name from the famous car in the Wangan Midnight manga).
Those new are only available with the under-bumper indicator cut-outs - not the UK/Euro OEM look.