240Z on eBay

Mr.F

Inactive
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Dats...039?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4807890f

Great project car for sale on eBay. I know the car and I know the owner, so can vouch for and confirm everything he says. Read the description carefully and tot up what you are getting in this package. The photos don't come close to showing what is on offer - make the effort to visit and view. You won't be disappointed. Starting price very generous in my opinion - worth much more.

When the car was last on the road it was one of the fastest 240Zs around and inspired others to pursue the engineering ideals initiated in this car and improve the level of available performance from the L-series engine.

If you have old Z Club magazines look up "Tales from the Garden Shed" articles and see the detail that went into the engine and suspension prep.

That is a good looking project package. Can't imagine it'll stay anywhere near 7.5k when the bidding is done.

Pity I've chewed into my next project capital with engine build purchases. Probably makes this one a bit too rich for me for the moment, especially with a few more goodies to pay for yet. :( If he listed it in six months time, I'd be pursuing this more aggressively.

Still, the engine build in question will be sweet... ;)

If I had a garage I would have a pop at that
Looks a good project if the shell is sound

I ran the number plate and it came up as unrecognised??

Doubt I can clear the space in time, but am trying to talk a family member into taking it on if I bankroll it.

No point looking at a car unless you intend to buy it. We came to a price we were both happy with so the deal was made.

Just need to pick a colour now.

Wasn't this the fastest (drag strip) L series powered s30 with mid 13 sec quarters? ..much quicker than the sam's of the day? If so brings back sweet memories..

Wasn't this the fastest (drag strip) L series powered s30 with mid 13 sec quarters? ..much quicker than the sam's of the day? If so brings back sweet memories..
Steve Adams old Z and was quick
Good to see it is staying with the Podites;) and they share PCs:thumbs:

Was a nice maroon colour,wots steve up to now days,and is the old man still around,both nice blokes,time flys,

Ok, so it is me. Couldn't resist another Z and yes, it will go back to being pretty much how Steve had it. As the shell is already stripped I'll be doing the very minnor repairs needed and bringing the entire shell back to rust free and fully painted inside and out. This car doesn't need a lot of work so should be a quick rebuild. I will retain its sporty feel with the leda suspention, half cage, and tuned L-series. Probably use all Steves old parts to keep the costs down too. Hope to also keep the reg plate but this may have to go to fund the build. Will have to see.

Not sure which way to go with paint. Both in colour choice and wheather to do it myself. The problem with paying to have it painted is that I will be less inclined to drive the car and take it on track. My theory is that the better a car looks, the less you want to track it and Zed's need to go round the track.

Back