240z £35000

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
We know that car Sean and as far as I know it started at £40k so unsold and coming down.

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
Looks a good buy for someone. It will all be down to the quality of work.

I wonder if its a RHD original or a LHD conversion?

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
[Bite tongue mode on]

Must Resist Urge To Post About "Fast Road Spec" nonsense

[Bite tongue mode off]

Nice clean looking car

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Whilst you're taking a breath in between breathing - what is a 'gas-flowed head' please ?

This simple ?

Optimising cylinder head flow can deliver huge benefits when modifying an engine. Think about it. When you open the throttle, more power is produced. But you can only open the throttle to full and only so much can be produced. What is the restriction ? Well, there are several on a standard engine. But, what if you have already put on larger throttle bodies, bigger carbs, a free flow exhaust, a new engine management system or a high lift camshaft ? There is still a restriction, a limiting factor which prevents the engine from making even more power.

This is where a gas flowed head comes in.

You can add all the induction, exhaust and electronic control you want but if the head cannot flow more air and fuel it will be ultimately be limited in its performance. To raise this limit you need to improve the flow efficiency of the head.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Naa,wrong wheels,coil,carbs,bit of a gap on the bonnet fit,not original,nice looking car

What I don't understand is why someone would build an engine to a 'spec' then not have it set up on a dyno, just to make claims about the power?

I'd prefer to know its been setup 100%.

richiep

Club Member
Thought it looked familiar, where was it for sale before Rob?

It was for sale a few months ago. It belongs to Barrie "Whizzo" Williams. If you don't know who he is, Google search and educate yourself on his lifetime of motorsports heroics. :bow:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Whilst you're taking a breath in between breathing - what is a 'gas-flowed head' please ?

This simple ?

Optimising cylinder head flow can deliver huge benefits when modifying an engine. Think about it. When you open the throttle, more power is produced. But you can only open the throttle to full and only so much can be produced. What is the restriction ? Well, there are several on a standard engine. But, what if you have already put on larger throttle bodies, bigger carbs, a free flow exhaust, a new engine management system or a high lift camshaft ? There is still a restriction, a limiting factor which prevents the engine from making even more power.

This is where a gas flowed head comes in.

You can add all the induction, exhaust and electronic control you want but if the head cannot flow more air and fuel it will be ultimately be limited in its performance. To raise this limit you need to improve the flow efficiency of the head.

Yep, seems like wise words, particularly the last ones.....but you can't just stick a die grinder in there and hope for the best......any work carried out HAS to be quantified with a flow bench otherwise its just guess work and its easy to guess wrong

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So buy this or add £5k and buy my old car?

My old car when I had it would have pleased Barrie if he drove it - quicker than this but...

I think it's a good one.

datsfun

Club Member
Is this a UK Supplied RHD car or a leftieconverted to RHD? Is DJR still working on zed's? I know of someone who wanted to get some more grunt from his zed and I guess the "samuri fast road spec" maybe ideal for his needs.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Is this a UK Supplied RHD car or a leftieconverted to RHD? Is DJR still working on zed's? I know of someone who wanted to get some more grunt from his zed and I guess the "samuri fast road spec" maybe ideal for his needs.

That said, we got 197 for a road-going Z from an L24 running on std SUs....

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
R#b#llo rolling road I take it? :driving:

A little too far and far-fetched for me mate and cynicism won't get you any short-cut answers - whether it be 5 or 10 bhp either way is irrelevant - it was tested locally on a reputable r-road upon which I've tested others for reasonably expected power and torque returns so I don't believe it to be super optimistic.