240 on ebay

Russ

Club Member
£20k! He's keen.

Practical classics told me this week that a 240z will be from £1500 to £8000, no more, ever, no way ;)

Mr.G

Club Member
He will have to wait another 30 years to sell it for that much, what with inflation etc..

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
Don't think this car is particulary special. Seems to have glossed over the " restoration ". Any English car of that age is bound to have had the proverbial rust problems we all know about whether it is one owner or not. Maybe anyone interested should ask him. Standard car, no special bits, not concourse, 20k, no way, although this suggested price is a bit of supposition.

Mr.G

Club Member
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But she is not concourse - if she was, she wouldnt be on eBay - she would be with H&H or even Coys at £30000 upwards.[/font]
LOL!! :):) I wish that were true of the Z market.

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Hehehe you've got to give it to him for trying though... maybe several forum members can pay him a visit and successivly beat him down in price :D

mikecart

Well-Known Forum User
Thing that scared me was "[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All parts are available through the Z Club. See also www.zcar.com[/font]" ...

I am pretty sure there are quite a few 240Z bits no longer available now and he missed promoting the UK Zclub too!!

Mike

Mr.G

Club Member
The way he is OVER selling it is a sure way to put people off. If he just stuck to the facts and kept it simpler, rather then sensationalising the whole sale, and making errors in the process, I think he would ultimately get a better final sale price.

Each to their own though, it's his sale.

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:S30: the 240 on auto trader is about 2 mins from my house iv had a look it last year sometime and the guy says its from california its a left hooker and it auto its in not to bad condition but needs tidying.

spagit147
260 2+2
no 209

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
spagit147 said:
:S30: the 240 on auto trader is about 2 mins from my house iv had a look it last year sometime and the guy says its from california its a left hooker and it auto its in not to bad condition but needs tidying.
Two of the biggest turn offs... lhd and an auto... shame really...

I've only ever driven an auto once and it was the worst drive I've ever had... it wasn't really driving, it was just stopping and going.. like a kids car or something...

Is it difficult/expensive to swap an auto gear box for a manual?

status

Well-Known Forum User
it must include the rust thats seems to be on the edge of the bonnet,think he must have appeared on oppotunity knocks with hughy green in the 1970s,not a good comedian