1970 240

Yes looks great, with almost stock looks but lots of mods, a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing.
If I could build a 240z with money no object it would be very close to this!!

Lovely car. If 48k is the asking price then :eek:

So is this a UK car or imported? Originally LHD or RHD? You know what I'm thinking?

Reg not on our system but very close to 'racers' 240Z , just 7 digits out.

Think it was an import Rob, first registered in the UK in 1989 and it was originally white.

48k for a possible import,that puts my car and a few other members cars in the club that have even more mods worth more,I dont think so some how,wot are these people on,they should get real and stop dreaming

It'd be interesting to see/know how original it is?

From the pics its not got the correct centre console, other bits of trim missing/incorrect and badges missing.

Ignoring little details, it looks very nice and well finished, I wouldn't say no, but there's a few cars I'd have before it.

LHD to RHD conversion then? If so i'm pleased to see its not just wearing a UK id.

Last edited by a moderator:
If those kind of prices start forming il be remortgaging the house I haven't even brought yet to buy one.

48k for a possible import,that puts my car and a few other members cars in the club that have even more mods worth more,I dont think so some how,wot are these people on,they should get real and stop dreaming

Mods aside, how can you judge the car and give comparison without even seeing it in the flesh??
I've yet to see more than a handful of uk Zeds with proper paint jobs.(less than a handful actually)

Once again we have members who start on picking the car to bits.
Yes, it's a heavy price (which is actually all positive stuff) and its an import.
An import, so what??
So you experts prefer the usual patched up piles of uk crud to a clean solid shell with a professional rhd conversion ???

What are these people on??
What are you lot on more like.

You try building a 'proper' car for less than 30k.

Just keep pulling anything decent down, that's the way to promote the marque.
Well done boys.

For those posting positives,
Thank you and keep them coming.

£8500!!! I I I, I don't understand. I was offered £7500 for mine without the chap even looking at and you can imagine what I said to that. Makes me sick members who own 240z's knocking value off their own car with their negativity towards others. I do think £48,000 is rather steep though. Mainly because it only cost £40,000 to do,So you could buy a car for £5-6000 then spend £40k and have it to your specification.

We need Albrecht to tell us what it is.

I'm guessing a JDM car at least. Did later L20s have Fi and what about the G-nose?

Tel has already said its a S30 2L fairlady.
Hitachi carbs up to 75. Changed to FI for 76.
What more do you want to know.;)
Its been imported from the US. by the dealer in the advert. It would have been sold new in Japan. Bought s/h by a US service man.
On his return to the US he took the car with him cos Unce Sam ships all his posessions back home for him. At some point it got broke so the then owner parked it up for a decade or so.. All IMO of course.
Its alway good to get the Count involved as he will add some authoritative and correct fine detail but it is possible to survive without him!!!!
I was in direct communication with the Count in his Castle only recently as I needed some extra information and a learned opinion on some Enkei wheels:bow:

And I hope I have got the main facts above correct or the full wrath of the Count will fall on me whenever he lights on this thread.
Background chants of...
"We are not worthy"..... etc:D:D

Back