What did you do to your Z this week?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Looking very good Paul. IMO (I know, I know) I think the rear spolier would look good in silver.

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Just got DaZ home from bodyshop today. 400 hours over 5 months spent repairing body shell and bare metal respray plus refitting all glass.
I'm refitting interior trim and seats this weekend and then it's off to have engine fitted next week.
Still looking good to be at Donnington.
They've done a smashing job of your bonnet 👍

Paul Atkinson

Club Member
Looking very good Paul. IMO (I know, I know) I think the rear spolier would look good in silver.
What's a "spolier"? Anyway, black is the new in!
Does that mean I've already blown my chances of an award from one judge at Donnington!
Bodyshop shop manager thinks I should pimp the wolfrace wheels with cranberry body colour painted in the wheels to be seen through the slots. My wife likes the idea of this, perhaps you could suggest silver to her for these 😉

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What's a "spolier"? Anyway, black is the new in!
Does that mean I've already blown my chances of an award from one judge at Donnington!
Bodyshop shop manager thinks I should pimp the wolfrace wheels with cranberry body colour painted in the wheels to be seen through the slots. My wife likes the idea of this, perhaps you could suggest silver to her for these 😉
No leave the wheels alone. Ignore me it's your car. What colour was it before the bodyshop?

Paul Atkinson

Club Member
No leave the wheels alone. Ignore me it's your car. What colour was it before the bodyshop?
Whole car has been painted as it previously was and left Spike's workshop April 1991 ready for Paul Stafford to race. Because it looks the same, some people have commentated "what have you done?" When you see car you'll realise it has been finished to a much higher standard than it left paint shop Spike used.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I meant what colour was the rear spoiler. I saw Paul race the car many times - a great advert for clubmans motorsport.

uk66fastback

Club Member
That looks bloody superb. I don't know if it's the photos but that colour looks just right - not too bright, IMO. Looks to have been a very good spray shop you entrusted with the work. Good luck with fitting the rest of it out.

Paul Atkinson

Club Member
R G Taylor's of Eynesbury, St Neots near to me done repairs and painting. They do high end (Bentley, Ferrari etc) cars, some classics and the odd DPD vans! They said really enjoyed working on Z.