Make DIL great again (260z 2+2)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
There is surprisingly less rot under there than I had anticipated! Nice work, this is flying at light speed compared to some of the other restos (not mentioning any names of course -ahem, franky)!

TheHulkGB

Club Member
There is surprisingly less rot under there than I had anticipated! Nice work, this is flying at light speed compared to some of the other restos (not mentioning any names of course -ahem, franky)!
I’m surprised too, I thought the underside to the rear quarters would have been shot. Obviously I was wrong but we’ve found rust in places we weren’t expecting it. Nothing that can’t be fixed though!

I'm totally guilty there. I would have thought the extra 12" would add a bit of length to it?

TheHulkGB

Club Member
upload_2021-6-28_9-50-23.jpeg
Hi guys, been super busy saving my 2+2 from certain death. The rust repairs are finally completed, just sorting out the panel gaps.
Was wondering if there’s anyone who has a original 2+2 or one which is recognised by the club to be restored correctly, that I could have a look at. My restorer want to make sure all gaps and sway gauges are correct before paint. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

uk66fastback

Club Member
I’d just take the gaps from the door fit. That B-post isn’t going to move. Adjust the doors and the wings and bonnet to fit … you don’t need to see a car in person imo. You’re thinking it’s more difficult that it is …!

toopy

Club Member
@toopy - are you able to advise also?

I've never played with the doors, but what i would say is, be wary of the door rubbers as many of the after market ones cause problems on previously perfectly fitting doors, because they won't compress enough when new, which adds an extra head scratching dimension to a process that is already a PITA!