woohoo wayhay santapod rocked today!!!

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
firstly thanks to big mr F for a great day, everyone seemed to really enjoy theirselves. not a bad showing but we can do better, more zeds on the track. anywho to the day firstly my zed was running ok so when i saw i was up against a renault clio badged 1.2 i thought haha my lucks in, seeing the carbon bonnet scoop should have been a hint. thinking i was on a winner i set the video camera of and up to the line. three ambers and a green later and i'm whooping him from the line......... then about half way down the 1/4 mile things go a bit pete tong as i hear a hissing sound next to me..... the object that had been so small in my rear view was hugh!! at this point i believe i swore alot.... and yup, you guessed it, i was beaten. the clio ran a 13. something with me running a 15.66... i later caught up with the clio in the fire up line only to find out it wasn't a 1.2 but a sooooooopud up williams clio now at 2.2 with a hugh turbo thing, this was a small comfort.

anywho i ended the day with 2 personal bests which is really the only reason i run... but winnings nice too.

Thanks for starting the thread Steve - results as follows:

Class 1
1. Steve Kiddell (240Z) 13.4200/104.14 - nice horsepower increase denoted by best ever terminal speed - 4 points + 2 attendance + 7 from Pos.4 in reaction time (.2889). Total scored 13 points.
2. Paul Nelson (240Z) 15.3310/94.35 - 3 points + 2 att. + 4 from Pos.7 R/T (.4009). Total 9 points.
3. Mike Brown (240Z) 15.3647/89.14 - 2 points + 2 att. + 2 from Pos.9 R/T (.4800). Total 6 points.
4. Paul Manley (260Z 2+2) 16.8560/85.74 - 1 point + 2 att. + 10 from Pos.1 R/T (.1289). Total 13 points.

Class 3
1. Frank Marino (Z31 300ZX turbo) 14.3540/100.93 - 2 points + 2 att. + 8 from Pos.3 R/T (.2876). Total 12 points.
2. Mike Feeney (Z31 200ZR turbo) 15.5270/90.00 - 1 point + 2 att + 6 from Pos.5 R/T (.3032). Toatal 9 points.

Class 4
1. Steve Leek (Z32 NA 2+2) 15.4188/89.31 - 2 points + 2 att. + 9 from Pos.2 R/T (.2671). Total 13 points.
2. Handel Williams (Z32 NA 2+2) 15.6331/89.63 - 1 point + 2 att. + 5 from Pos.6 R/T. Total 8 points.

Class 5
1. Andy Isherwood (Z32 TT SWB) 14.1168/98.94 - 1 point + 2 att. + 3 from Pos.8 R/T. Total 6 points.

Class 7
1. Jimi Angeles (Z32 NA 2+2 + NOS) 14.9923/88.91 - 1 point + 2 att. + 1 from Pos.10 R/T. Total 4 points.

Spectators
Rob Hughes 2 points
Matt Bannister 2 points
John Mason 2 points.

Huge thanks to all who attended - you made the day great! Santa Pod crew now know what we are doing and will hopefully accomodate us a little better for future sessions - a couple of rapid light drops compromised some runs and we have to be ever vigilant for marshalls staging novices with their foot when they overstage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leader board (for what it's worth at this early stage):

1.Steve Kiddell
1=Paul Manley
1=Steve Leek
4. Frank Marino
5. Paul Nelson
5= Mike Feeney
7. Handel Williams
8. Mike Brown
8= Andy Isherwood
10. Jimi Angeles
11. Rob Hughes
11= John Mason
11= Matt Bannister

Today's lesson - don't wait until the organiser has finalised the results, told everyone their points and scores and then go and collect your best reaction time ticket. Sorry Jimi...

yup it was a great day, sure we can have a better turnout next time though..... don't forget a zeds for driving though i think my 15.4188 is pretty much all she's got to give unless i do some major mods... think i better just practice the old reaction times a bit..

Thanks for the great day out. Sorry I didn't get to meet many of you guys, a combination of turning up very late and not quite knowing what I should be doing.

A big thanks to Rob Hughes for helping me make sense of what was going on.

How on earth do you class 1 guys reach those sorts of speeds?? Lighten the car & tune the engine I guess ;) Heh heh, at least I beat an AX GT that I was lined up against.

It is a shame I didn't get to see many Z's running (as I was queing up!!) but I would go again if only to spectate.

Mike Brown (240Z) 15.3647/89.14
Stunning time for an almost stock 240Z & personal best

Paul Manley (260Z 2+2) 16.8560/85.74
First timer with best reaction of the day.

Mike Feeney (Z31 200ZR turbo) 15.5270/90.00
Personal best and jumps two places in class top 10 records.

Steve Leek (Z32 NA 2+2) 15.4188/89.31

Handel Williams (Z32 NA 2+2) 15.6331/89.63

Andy Isherwood (Z32 TT SWB) 14.1168/98.94
New Hall of Fame entry.

Well done everyone :)

Hall of Fame & updated records posted soon.

I'm gutted I couldn't make it up there in the end.
I would have been the only other Z32 TT there and I would have beaten you Andy!!! LOL.

I'll be there next time for sure...

Further quote

A great variety of machinery out there (Skiddell :bow: absolutely trounced a 3.5 litre Capri... excellent stuff..I enjoyed that). Great weather, a bit cool early on but dry.

To add to the quotes above, mine was also a PB at 15.33 - but I did have the weeks shopping in the back! (lol). Also got PB on reaction time.

Great performances from all who attended.

Oh, by the way Mike, a small typo - you have me down as a 260Z - should be 240Z pretty please.

Regards to all
Paul
240Z '73

firstly i'd like to thank the guy in the red zed i raced twice.. it was great to line up next to an evenly matched car... both na auto's, infact appart from watching jimjitsu spanking capri's up the strip all day i'd say it was the best thing. i would say to anyone who's run the pod to try a one on one.... if nothing else it gives you an idea of what either your capable of or a way to check that all that money you spent was worth it.. i'll try to post the video as soon as, though i'll remove the audio as after watching the video back i noticed my language was appalling. (who was in that red zed by the way?)

Santa Pod

I was the driver of the red zed ,it was a good day to see old and new S Pods ,racing as we did is more fun well dune, you have two head to head wins, but next time????????

cheers comrade, your zed is fantastic, a minter, and to be honest you did almost have me, just trying to put a vid of the day together.

'next time gadget next time.....'

I'm gutted to have missed this, however, I am currently saving for Mr F and co to replace the bushes on my rear subframe/axle. Until then, my car aint strong enough for the Pod.

However, next time could I maybe bring a ZX, such as a Sunny or Bluebird? It's still a Z and can handle the track. :) Pretty please. (At least then you'll know you will beat something)

mgh297 said:
I would have been the only other Z32 TT there and I would have beaten you Andy!!! LOL.

Same here unfortunately. No way i could have made it :(

Good results though lads, see you at the next one

I havent commented on Sunday's POD up until now as I have been a little busy (work, oil leaks et al). It was great to meet both old and new faces alike and to a man everyone put there heart and souls into the day, (crikey there were even people without Z's who bothered to attend:bow: ) the atmosphere was as good as it gets.

It is still a little disappointing that we still dont seem to see the amount of 300ZXTT's that I feel we should (some would be good). We know they are out there, theres an entire forum full of them, all with a zillion horsepower and paintjobs to match....come on 300ZX.co.uk get a grip or are you .......CHICKEN:p (Mcfly)

Regarding the points so far, the advantage is that the 1st round points were split so many ways (3 people on 13:eek: ) so it is still viable for someone who could not attend round one to "catch up" and still be a contender.

So anyway, bring on round 2 I say.

Dont forget the prize money, which so far stands at £300, (possibly more to come)
Local group organisers please please tell every one, consider it your mission.

Updated Hall of Fame & Top 10's in class.

New entries in a bold orangey colour

Last edited by a moderator:
mgh297 said:

Are chucking a glove at me?

nooo but i reckon after my op i reckon i'll be part ash (evil dead) and part zed, then we'll see! hahahaha oh andy check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRrmA8Ly9_g
though my pc keeps crashing i put this video together, its got your runs and some of our trip on it! gotta get an apple this weekend so i can edit it properly

Back