Thank you Madmarco

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Many thanks Madmarco for putting Japfest together this year:D

It was a great show and a great turn out of cars - would not have happened with out you Mark - looking forward to next year already

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Great event, nice one for stepping up and organising the clubs attendance it was a great turn out, shame my car was 102db and couldn't get on the track already working on a removable baffle system.
nice selection of cars, and good to catch up with everyone!

Zarudi

Well-Known Forum User
Yep, i'll join the chorus of thanks. had a great day and was pleased to see a really good show of Zeds.

Dale

Club Member
A really great event, thanks Madmarco. :bow:

Brilliant turnout, and the weather was kind too. Still managed to get a bit burnt though, will I ever learn? :eek:

There were some beautiful things on show, and the cars were nice too! :D

ben240z

Club Member
defo add our thanks to marco for the organisation of this event. As I said before it is somewhat frustrating to have the car there but not run it on the track but the interest shown in the car was really good. There were as usual some stunning cars there and some very competant/fast/sensible drivers there showing the crowds what the Z is about. Once again driver of the day from my point of view has to go to Rob Gaskin for taking a pretty standard 240Z running on SU carbs and showing most people the way to go. Even steve francis seemed to have trouble overhauling rob.
The array of cars was surely a feast for eyes from the standard to the show cars with stunning paint and chrome jobs. They outshone the japfest girls all day. hope to see some of you at gurston on the june weekend.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes great day Madmarco thanks and you even held the rain off for us!

I had to get away straight after the track session because my lad (who drove the first session) was at a party in Nottingham at 7pm.

Kind words Ben thanks. Tbh I think I was holding Steve up a little bit but he denied it saying his tyres were 'cooked' from the session immediately before ours. He had eight sessions I only had the one so I wasn't going to let him spoil it was I?

Simon gave us a bit of excitement, that car is quick in a straight line (and spins well too).

ben240z

Club Member
I watched him finish one session and come straight through the pitlane to join on the back of your session so am not surprised if the tyres were cooked

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Would have liked to have gone to Japfest this year, but our family holiday, starting next weekend meant I couldn't get anymore time off work!...Maybe next year!...Don't suppose there were any 280zx's on the track!?

M

madmarco

The pleasure was all mine. I'm just glad I had a chance to give something back to the club! Track time was the highlight of the day for me, nothing like tearing around the track with two 240's chasing you down!
Cant wait for 2009!

datsun dave

Club Member
Great day out me & Ben loved it.

Rob Gaskin can drive that 240z its a very quick car and the battle with the V8 240z was fantastic to watch.

M

madmarco

I bet they took you down too. they was quick as hell

Yep, they both got by but then Mr Irons lost first and third gear which mad it a bit easier to pass him back! Only car that passed me all day was Rob in the red 240.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
I think he passed everyone who went on track. The battle with the lancer was awesome. That guy was absolutely banging that motor into every corner to try and stay with the little red & black Z, screeching away like mad. If he didn't have the luxury of traction control and stability management then he'd of gone off plenty of times. Goes to show that all the power in the world means sod all when you're up against an incredible driver.

Russ

Club Member
Thank you very much for organising it, the best day I've had in ages, lost my track virginity, and feel more Z motivated now as a result.

Top man!