Dare To Be Different

Love that. What an awesome sound it makes.

And the emotive description? I couldn't agree more.

Mmmm, wished I hadn't watched this. :unsure: They get you like that.

The feeling a sporty Zeee gives you when it's you and the car is wonderful - I could take my old car to Donington and come home 'buzzing'.

The new owner feels the same.

They do make a lovely sound: Silverstone 0909 078 - YouTube
[YOUTUBE]yAE0zLXmx-k[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a pretty sweet film there.
Really excites the viewer but we’re Z biased of course.

Dog at feet, car in the garage working away whilst the sun shines down through the gaps that the doors leave ajar; he’s living the dream. I’ve pictured this many a time, just with kids moaning in the background and my lovely wife too.

Without getting all arty farty, these videos always have great composition and pacing at the same time being informative. It’s not balls out film but it captures the essence of the driver and a story how they have came across the car. This is what I really like. I’ve also found myself going back to the 911 film with the kitted out garage which has the car lift on the far left.

The lighting was ok too, low sun, golden hour on some of the static shots. TBH you could film a turd and it’d look great in that light. Just a little flat, but for a online series it’s still good.

For me, I really am not sure about what to do with my car.

Hearing the notes on his z makes me change my mind about removing the straight six for the V6…

Superb. How many of us dislike this car and what it has been transformed into. I have always believed that this is what should be done to a z.

Take a great looking car. Replace the suspension with some t3 bits and get it sitting just right. Change the wheels and tyres. Upgrade to race spec brakes. Rip out the old l6 and replace with a 300hp power plant that bares no resemblance to the feeling of the original. It may not feel and drive like the original 240 but its still a Z.

I've done some searching and cant find any specs on that car, I did read up on Rebbello engines though,

do you reckon his exhaust is a straight through system ? or is it running a box somewhere under the car ?

wouldn't think you could get away with a straight through in California with all the smog regulation unless it doesn't concern pre '72 classic's

wouldn't think you could get away with a straight through in California with all the smog regulation unless it doesn't concern pre '72 classic's
What does it being straight through or not have to do with smog?

Without any kind of back box/muffler/de-cat, it's fumes straight from the engine, i.e. high emissions. The Americans call it a 'smog test'.

Not sure where your coming from there bud. An exhaust box isn't going to remove any emissions/fumes from the engine, just noise. No cats were fitted to any 1970 Zeds as far as I'm aware.

Back