240Z on TV tonight

Well my 'guide' says Cortina GT!

We will see, thanks Steve. If it is the Datsun programme I'll be chuffed because I 'sourced' the blue car for the show (from a member on here).

Dork of an episode though....and the 'rich' owner sold it straight after didn't he ? And did that blue one 'as seen on TV' also sell ?

Still, all publicity is good publicity....

Ford Cortina and then later 240Z !

Both right !

I enjoyed the Cortina emotion - the recipients should sign a clause that they don't sell the car for 2x yrs or have to repay the restoration costs !

But wtf was that nunce doing ratlle-canning the wheels instead of painting 'em proper-like ?

Still though, I kinda like the idea of a Webasto sunroof in a Z......(ducks for cover against the purists) !

Dork of an episode though....and the 'rich' owner sold it straight after didn't he ? And did that blue one 'as seen on TV' also sell ?

Still, all publicity is good publicity....
Not true. The car and it's owner are still currently together and as you can see by our last Facebook post the car is in our workshop at the moment.

...and the 370Z shown is my one!

gallery_245_477_153608.jpg

gallery_245_477_46290.jpg

gallery_245_477_419342.jpg

:driving:

Thanks then.

So, I didn't make this up - I saw it up for sale somewhere since the programme was aired - anyone care to remind me where - some classic-car sales-site maybe ?

Thanks then.

So, I didn't make this up - I saw it up for sale somewhere since the programme was aired - anyone care to remind me where - some classic-car sales-site maybe ?

Are you not thinking of the blue 240z that they test drove along with Paul's 370? That was up for sale and discussed a few times on here.

Still, a good episode, I enjoyed it. Although a little sense of jealousy throughout. :unsure:

Yeah, I know that one was but I saw a GREEN one up for sale !

Can anyone explain to me WHY Fuzz changed the OEM carbs (that they could easily have got running perfectly) for injection and therefore taking it away from OEM spec and reducing it's original value ?

Maybe they just wanted to to fit in with their story line for the show

What amazes me is that in most threads now value seems to raise its head above the wall

Can anyone explain to me WHY Fuzz changed the OEM carbs (that they could easily have got running perfectly) for injection and therefore taking it away from OEM spec and reducing it's original value ?

I watched this episode when it first aired and if I remember correctly wasn't it to do with making the car a little more practical for the guy who owned it as he was no spring chicken ( or maybe I just imagined it :confused: ). Maybe they should have given him power steering as well :driving:

Back