£50k rally 240Z

Hugh Myers

Well-Known Forum User
As I understand things, the current owner, Mark Butler, bought the car earlier this year and has done the Severn Vally Stages and Bulldog Rally in it.
He broke the rear suspension on the first and after a lot of work on the car and investment in new parts, finished the Bulldog in good shape.
As with most car dealers, everything is for sale if the right money comes along. His current plan is to do the 2008 BHRC in this car unless one of you rushes along with £40k or so in used notes!
To be honest, it is a damn nice car and to build a new rally car, such as Dominic Frattaroli's for example, would cost about £80k, which puts the price into perspective.

Hugh

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So why is it advertised in two different places at two different prices with a £20000 difference ?

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
sel vatis

Its where the La luniere local Tillays hang up their smelly socks,in a mass
programme of de-aromarising their mitts in bulk.
This used to be done at a fixed & concentrated shed,but some bright spark(Claude) attached some wheels(in order to mobalise this shed)
To aid with manoevering the damn thing,some bloke(claude) added a steering,a small lawnmower engine,& some windows(as the driver
could'nt breathe) this is what a sel vatis is.
Now it is used for multi-purposes & this they do purposely.
DJZ 60.:)

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
The price at £50k is in line with current selling prices for a rally Z. I believe Juha Kankenan's Safari car went for around £80k. That's why the finished specification of mine is being enhanced all the time:cool:

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Having seen it I would strongly argue that it is not worth the asking price.

It is not built to the same standard as Dominic's, Larry Horne's or the VK car.

It is very strong, solid, well put together but for the money being asked I would expect a lot more finesse in the detail.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
's still advertised at a £20000 difference - sounds well-dodgy to me !

£30000 and the right to haggle would appear right as the price of certain bits and labour would easily come to that ! £50k is what we all dream of as our Zs value - you never know......!

Hugh Myers

Well-Known Forum User
"Having seen it I would strongly argue that it is not worth the asking price.

It is not built to the same standard as Dominic's, Larry Horne's or the VK car.

It is very strong, solid, well put together but for the money being asked I would expect a lot more finesse in the detail"

But it is less than half the price!
And anyway, you are not going to buy it!

z-spec

Well-Known Forum User
I probably want to sell my rallycar, its a 1972 Gr G1 FIA car with a current HTP , i do not need but i have too many projects , look at my website www.va-motorsport.com

Attachments

• aug 03 1094.jpg
    aug 03 1094.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Rally 20.jpg
    Rally 20.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 31

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
Very nice car. On the face of it looks like a top end of the market Z depending on it having the right bits fitted.