Zeds on ebay

Wyn

Club Member
Does anyone know either of these cars histories or anything about these cars on ebay, esp the 240?
I'm interested to know what peeps might think they are actually worth as a pair

click here

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Don't know the blue car but it looks pretty good. As to the mystery knocking that could be anything but the cars are all pretty basic mechanically I doubt it would prove difficult to remedy. I suspect the final price will be a fair bit more that the £1k it's at now, there's already been a lot of bidding and still nearly 8 days left. Definitely worth keeping your eye on it though.

Not quite sure if having the scrappy 260 2+2 is a bonus or not though ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Wyn

Club Member
Why is there a 280 engine in that auction as well lol? :D

Seriously so you're saying any of the 260/280 engines would fit a 240z by just changing ancillaries over?

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Datsun made a 240, 260 and 280 variant in the same body shell - the 240 was a revvier engine so is much loved in standard form but the others gave more power and more torque.

Great isn't it :) Buy a 240, stick in a bored out 2.8......... hang on for dear life because they can be tuned up to 285 brake horse power in a 1040kg car.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
There is a buyers guide on this forum. Print it off and take it with you, along with someone who is knowledgable on 240Z. Examine every square inch of the car. BEFORE BIDDING

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Click on the f.a.q button on the top of the page. Sorry dont know how to do links, but someone else will probably do it1

Anyone???

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
So now you have got the guide, go and see it, and if its ok then find out wot he wants for it and buy it. It is forsale elsewhere so seller has a price in mind. Dont value the 2+2 at anything more than a few quid as it is virtually useless as a spares car for a 240, and by the look of the 240 it is not in need of many parts. Just pay up the money, take the 240Z and "forget" to come back for the 260!!!!!!!

Wyn

Club Member
Cheers for the advice
coolgleamA.gif

5 days left and plenty of time for the price to double
smile.gif

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
The price may well double , but if you dont go and look at it you will have missed a good opportunity to examine a car which is for sale. Even if it finally exceeds your price you will have real and curent knowledge of a car and its actual worth. That ranks far higher than all our collective opinions on the subject.
2 further thoughts. A member recently paid around the figure you have in mind for a 240Z. VERY RED N SHINY . Subsequently took it apart and found 90% filler 10% metal. VERY expensive to put right.
You could come and see my 240 which is generaly accepted a a good sound car. I could tell you that I THINK its worth £7500. But that is a totally irrelevant piece of info as the car is not for sale and nobody has ever got £7500 out of their pocket and asked for the car.
The point is that only by getting out in the market place and matching the condition of cars currently for sale with the relevant prices will you make a good choice.

Wyn

Club Member
Originally posted by pmac
The price may well double , but if you dont go and look at it you will have missed a good opportunity to examine a car which is for sale.

I have now seen it, after 6hrs of traffic and 192 miles later.
Looked nice in the dark
joker.gif

Also chasing another
thumbsup.gif