Zed Only Track Day

kirbz

Forum User
Hi Guys and Gals

I'm kirbz from the 300zx.co.uk club and i arrange (try) all the national events for the club.

I am trying to arrange a Zed only track day for April/May next year.

I would like to go down the route of hiring the track for the day and make it a true Zed event so this is deffo one not to miss.

I am looking to do this at Oulton Park, Cheshire as its a great track and they have very good facilities.

I do have the pricing but for the time being i want hands of who is genuinely interested!!!

So get your names down and lets all have a great day out.

Cheers
Kirbz

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Hi there
Can I make a cheeky request, can you not go for May 21st!!!
This is Japfest at Castle Combe, last year I organised a Zed only track session on the day and Zed stand with the 300ZX club and us, hope to do the same next year.

I do know at least two/three people who will be interested but they are not on line. Will sound them out and let you know. You may also want to get in touch with Steve Kiddell (Mag Ed) who I'm sure would be more than happy to advertise the event for you.
Cheers
Suzy

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If my 240 is on the road, I might be interested to check out the day - on the track of course !

kirbz

Forum User
Looks like i may move the event to another track as Oulton Park is very expensive so looking into a few other tracks, Silverstone is one of them :) but will keep you informed and i will make sure its not the same as Japfest ;)

amocrace

Well-Known Forum User
you could always try croft circuit, good circuit, good facilities and much cheaper than any of palmer's circuits or bernies favourite venue:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes I'm interested.

Oulton Park would have been superb. It may be best to block-book some places with Book-a-track, Javelin etc. on one of their normal public days, I doubt if you will get enough takers to make a 'Zed only' day financially viable.

kirbz

Forum User
Looks like its going to be an airfield track in the midlands so theres no excuse for people to travel!! lol

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
go the whole hog............. nurburg ring! 26 miles of heaven and 76 corners to remember.:D

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
ive been there a few times and what a place to go! if you compare the costs it is really worth while.

pros n cons

a track day at oulton or brands gp .....250+ so im told!

a long weekend at the ring, spend £200 over a long weekend and your brains sulking!

hotel costs. over here £70 for the night near a good circuit plus food n booze.

where i go in germany. the dearest ive had to pay is £125 for 2 nights plus the sunday food n drink, and thats as much food n booze as you can consume until you drop or the bar staff do.(never before 3 am)

ok so youve got the fuel bill(290 miles from london ish) and a ferry cost, but you have the whole weekend not one day!

dont get me wrong i think brands gp and oulton are far the best circuits over here but go to the nurburgring and your blown away!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I think this 'idea' of a trip to the 'Ring' should be pursued and a trip thought up ! I'm up for it and I know I can count on two others for sure !

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Track days

I have recently done 2 airfield track days with Motorsport events limited and they are well organised and cost about £99 per place extra drivers £10. they won't book a zed only day but if enough people book places then it will turn into one anyway. The airfield I went round was Hullavington airfield just north of Chippernam in Wiltshire.

I hope this Helps

Zed2k..

completewally

Well-Known Forum User
I'm def interested ! But my problem like some others is travel time,,,I don't have much ( work related ) I would love to do something within 1 hours drive of Stansted?? Probably not possible but more than willing ! Wanna show off the new body work etc, specially the new turbo shortly to be collected from a club member ! :D Yayy, finally some response when I stand on the throttle ! :eek: