Z Grill

Wyn

Club Member
Now this I do like, but were these ever available over here ?
Anyone got one :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-72-DATSUN-240Z-NEW-NISSAN-FRONT-GRILL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4592294901QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

9c_1_b.JPG

I might be wrong, but I think these grills were only available on the Japanese home market Failady's.

dave cottom said:
I might be wrong, but I think these grills were only available on the Japanese home market Failady's.
Exactly. It was a Fairlady-only part. Sometimes described in the USA as the '432' grille or the '432R' grille ( inexplicably ).

The 432 had exactly the same mesh grille as the other S30-series Fairlady models, so it is not a 432-specific item. The 432-R grille on the other hand was specific to the 432-R, and had a much finer mesh. The 432-R grille is rare........

Isn't a 'grill' something for cooking on? ;) :)

I do like them, but that is just crazy money
dur.gif

Might try make me own n save a few bob ;) one day
mrgreen.gif

to be honest i do not think they are as well made as the standard grille that we have ,i would replace the mesh with some stainless steel mesh and use more nut and bolts as the rivets become very loose.

Agree with Moggy, I think the mesh grill has a cheaper feel to it - although it does look nice and it's also nice to be a bit different too.

Along the same lines

What actually holds the grill in place on a 240

My car must be missing some bits or it’s got the wrong grill (never had a grill fiited when I bought the car)

The o/s top locating tab I know is missing (from the body)

But what holds the grill in place at the bottoms, as mine seems to align with nothing?
confused2.gif

Like the lower tab is a good 2” ish lower?
Btw, the grill came from the states if that makes any odds
dowa.gif

Do they use a link bracket?

Ps I did try make a grill today, but gave up as it looked to fast n to curious
doh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Few pics of the grill I have.
Does it look right for a 240?
The bottom locating eyes don't seem to align up with nothing :confused:

grill2.jpg

gril1.jpg

Your centre fixing looks short to me. Should be around 3/4" further down from the bottom bar than the two side fixings. Could it be off a 280z or 260?

Back