Yikes!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Mmmm as long as people know what they are buying and they go for the correct price ok.

How many times do you see in adverts:

'Believed Samuri'

'Engine overhauled before being taken off the road'

And if you see a secondhand gearbox they have always done about 40k miles but no proof.

richiep

Club Member
Mmmm as long as people know what they are buying and they go for the correct price ok.

True - what comes next... well that's the buyer's financial funeral! :D

The first one's value lies in it being a breaker. The second one might stand a bit more of a chance but the photos don't reveal enough to be sure.

Still, it's nice to see that every so often cars show up that have been squirreled away for many years. It's just a pity that many of them are in a bad way.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
The first car will sell purely and simply because of the set of triple webbers that come with it. So lets say about a Grand.

richiep

Club Member
The first car will sell purely and simply because of the set of triple webbers that come with it. So lets say about a Grand.

Although the text now says that the carbs do not come with the car...

He's also added that it was bought to be a donor for a LHD to RHD conversion. And that people have been asking how much welding it needs... :eek: I think the answer should be something along the lines of "save the mig wire, and buy cutting discs". :p

johnymd

Club Member
Is it gold or factory silver? Taking the body off the chassis for restoration must have been interesting!!

Still looks like a good buy, if it is as good as it says.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Says Gold on the seller's website - that is what I am going on ;)

My Dad bought a Chrysler Alpine ( Simca to you Sean ) new in 1977 and was that exact same colour - Champagne.