Xmas Bash Wine List

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Here is the List of wines available at The Calcot Hotel on our Dinner Evening for those feeling particularly well off.
(I think I will stick to the pints and the G nTs)

If you wish, you can pre order your bottle/s now, by calling the hotel and paying by cheque or card, but to be honest why bother, i would think it would just as easy to order them as you go, on the night. www.calcothotel.co.uk.

cotes du roussillion 14.95
merlot 14.10
cote du rhone 14.40
merlot richmond ridge 14.20
cabernet sauvignon 14.25
pinotage 14.95
rioja tinto 16.50
pinot noir 13.75
rose d'anjou 13.95
veuve valmante 15.95
asti spumante 17.25
vauban freres 27.50
lanson black label 34.50
rioja blanco 16.50
piesporter 13.95
chnin blanc 13.75
pinot grigio 13.95
sauvignon blanc 14.25
semillon chardonay 16.75
chardonay 16.95
petit chablis 16.95

House Wines
colombard chardonnnay 12.75
liebfraumilch 12.75
sparkling mineral water 3.25
still mineral water 3.25
Sean Dezart Special reserve
pineau 1.00 per 5 litres SOLD OUT

Last edited by a moderator:

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Sean just don't say a word!!!!!
We all know how much cheaper the vino is over with you!, but I must say 13.95 for Rose d'Anjou is really having a laugh

Richmond Ridge is not a bad little number and you should be pretty safe with a pinotage

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
I bet he wont buy a bottle. Crazy english prices, dont blame anyone not buying a bottle actually, how do they justify?

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Youve seen. Strict rulings about that im afraid, but wouldnt mind a bottle of your stuff to take away, or guzzle upstairs.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
My pineau from 2003 is now ready to drink but I've only 26 litres, better to wait until 2007 for this years and get really brain dead !

I can get a VERY nice Bergerac (5 litres) for 13 quid - we demolished a few of those at our wedding last year and ask Brian Kesterton about the aperitif available !

yami

Well-Known Forum User
Zbirdy said:
Here is the List of wines available at The Calcot Hotel on our Dinner Evening for those feeling particularly well off.
(I think I will stick to the pints and the G nTs)

If you wish, you can pre order your bottle/s now, by calling the hotel and paying by cheque or card, but to be honest why bother, i would think it would just as easy to order them as you go, on the night. www.calcothotel.co.uk.

cotes du roussillion 14.95
merlot 14.10
cote du rhone 14.40
merlot richmond ridge 14.20
cabernet sauvignon 14.25
pinotage 14.95
rioja tinto 16.50
pinot noir 13.75
rose d'anjou 13.95
veuve valmante 15.95
asti spumante 17.25
vauban freres 27.50
lanson black label 34.50
rioja blanco 16.50
piesporter 13.95
chnin blanc 13.75
pinot grigio 13.95
sauvignon blanc 14.25
semillon chardonay 16.75
chardonay 16.95
petit chablis 16.95

House Wines
colombard chardonnnay 12.75
liebfraumilch 12.75
sparkling mineral water 3.25
still mineral water 3.25
Sean Dezart Special reserve

pineau 1.00 per 5 litres SOLD OUT
i will have one of each Don is paying, that right isnt it?

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Of course Sharon, I am buying everyone their first couple of bottles, choose some you really like, and dont feel you need to look at the price darling.

Paul (Grolls) is lending me his plastic for the evening, and he will sign for it all when he's had a few, about 9pm eh Paul. :D

Don.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Zbirdy said:
Paul (Grolls) is lending me his plastic for the evening, and he will sign for it all when he's had a few, about 9pm eh Paul. :D

Don.
memsaab has banned me from taking plastic.apparently i do have a strange habbit of paying for everyone elses bills, oh and i gave up drinking months ago and boy do i feel better for it:rolleyes:

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
grolls said:
memsaab has banned me from taking plastic.apparently i do have a strange habbit of paying for everyone elses bills, oh and i gave up drinking months ago and boy do i feel better for it:rolleyes:

Gave up drinking what?